(30%) Building Safety, Security and Operations
- Utilize proactive building management strategies to ensure building operations, access, and security are maintained at the highest level
- Initiate, facilitate, and manage customer security clearances, key, push code, and key safe requests
- Complete online security database entry, security audits, and modifications to ensure security of all buildings is upheld
- Conduct regular building walkthroughs to assess existing conditions, while also proactively seeking, noting, and investigating work orders not yet reported
- Respond and communicate building emergencies and urgent matters to building occupants in a calm and efficient manner. Issues may include, but are not limited to: equipment failures, unexpected facilities outages and damages, environmental hazards, and security breaches
- Identify and contact all parties necessary to address the emergency and to minimize impact on building occupants safety and research
- Maintain and regularly update building emergency procedures and contacts
- Track and schedule preventative maintenance work to optimize facility-related uptime
- Assist Operations Specialist with seeking out service providers for RBMS owned research equipment
- Seek out and compare cost-effective estimates for service repairs and preventative maintenance of RBMS’s portfolio of equipment and technology
(25%) Customer Relations
- Act as a liaison between University departments, vendors, and building occupants to maximize facility uptime and ensure occupants needs are addressed
- Serve as the building main contact to provide guidance and resources for all facility related questions, concerns, or needs
- Collaborate with service providers and occupants to ensure all service requests and work orders are completed satisfactorily for customer and to ensure Service Level Agreements are adhered to
- Assist in scheduling and communicating building disruptions to ensure limited disturbance and to advocate on behalf of the research community and service providers
- Collaborate with occupants and service providers to develop alternative strategies and accommodations when building disruptions are required
- Provide feedback and updates to all parties to improve and streamline coordination efforts for future work and disruptions
(25%) Administration and Logistics
- Utilize fiscally responsible practices when making purchasing decisions on behalf of the department
- Act of first point of contact for service repair and preventative maintenance for RBMS owned equipment to ensure vendors do not exceed standard scope of repair or service
- Update, order, organize, and manage general inventory of supplies
- Assist in the process of moving researchers in or out of laboratory space by partnering with a variety of departments including DEHS, CPPM, AHC OFCP, U Construction, department administrators, researchers and service providers
- Reinforce lab move-out policies in conjunction with AHC OFCP to ensure space is left in move-in ready condition
- Partners with AHC Planners to initiate communication, scheduling, and/or follow up of required lab alterations needed to accommodate new researchers
- Create and document tasks, projects, and procedures in conjunction with management to provide uniform service across the RBMS portfolio
- Assist management with projects as assigned
(15%) Partners with Event and Student Administration Manager
This position partners with Event and Student Administration Manager to supervise student staff and information desk in an effort to maximize alignment to mission of RBMS.
- Assist Event and Student Administration Manager with departmental portfolio of conference rooms, event and shared spaces, including scheduling, submission of work orders, spatial and furniture arrangements, and A/V technology
- Collaborate with the Event and Student Administration Manager in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that guarantee delivery of timely, efficient, and courteous service.
- Oversee all aspects of desk operations and address issues or concerns as they arise. This includes covering shifts in order to prevent desk closure.
- Partner with Event and Student Administration Manager in facilitating on-going training and development opportunities for student staff.
- Provide student staff with performance feedback, constructive criticism, and positive coaching aimed at delivering consistent customer service. Ensure these instances are documented and reported to the Event and Student Administration Manager in a timely manner.
- Plan and oversee short-term and long-term student staff projects, including checkpoints and feedback mechanisms.
- Provide input for student staff evaluations to the Event and Student Administration Manager.
- Support and collaborate with Event and Student Administration Manager with recruitment and onboarding of student staff as needed.
- Aid in the coordination and facilitation of student staff meetings.
(5%) Other Duties as Assigned:
- Participate in an afterhours on-call rotation
- Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position