| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Research Secretary II will provide administrative and clerical support to Attendings (clinical & non-clinical) in the Immigrant Health & Cancer Disparities Service of the Department.
- Assist Attendings with the administrative functions of their projects
- Prepare documents, including memos, letters, project/presentation materials, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of manuscript submissions, grant applications, abstracts, CVs, etc.
- Arrange travel and reimbursement.
- Administrative support to coordinator/supervisor.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences as requested.
- Provide telephone coverage.
- Bachelors degree (healthcare administration or related) or High School Diploma plus two years of relevant experience
- Minimum of one year secretarial experience in a research environment preferred.
- Research grant submission and manuscript experience preferred
- Excellent typing and proofreading abilities.
- Knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint. Ability to utilize word processing applications and access on-line systems.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to exercise judgment and discretion is essential.
- Ability to work in a team-centered environment and fast-paced atmosphere
In order to be considered for an Executive/ Administrative/ Secretary role here at MSK, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete. Please note that you will have 48 hours to complete this test.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.