| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Office of Development at MSK has raised more than $4 billion over the last ten years, and is looking for a front-end developer to join us within the Development Technology and Operations team. You will work to support the online marketing efforts related to fundraising for Memorial Sloan-Kettering, including supporting one of the fastest growing fundraising events in the country.
The Front End Developer will:
- Build clean, reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand project goals, requirements and constraints
- Lead implementation of website updates, email generation, or conversion of designs to HTML to meet specific departmental needs, giving special attention to efficiency, visual appeal and flexibility
- Provide recommendations to optimize code and to improve process, and identify opportunities for innovation
- Ensure that deliverable code passes test cases, and is thoroughly vetted for accuracy and functionality
- Monitor application changes and software upgrades
- Collaborate with Associate Director and other team members through ongoing meetings to define future strategies and resource needs
The Front End Developer has:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years of experience working as a front-end developer
- Advanced understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of client-side scripting and jQuery
- Knowledge of working with eCommerce solutions
- Experience building responsive email templates and web pages (including cross-browser and cross-device testing)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new techniques and implementation strategies, and to be proactive in rolling these into project responsibly
Nice to haves:
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate Online eCommerce solution
- Experience with Drupal
- Familiarity of JS frameworks like Angular or React
- Familiarity with Experience RESTful Services and APIs
- A passion for the mission of Memorial Sloan Kettering
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.