NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Certified Mammographer.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing medically prescribed diagnostic mammographic and bone density procedures, is responsible for patient safety protocols and functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their mammogram. Works under general direction
- Demonstrates knowledge of the hospital and radiology information systems as they relate to radiology. Selects appropriate patient information from HIS/RIS system in accordance with HIPPA regulations. Accesses patient information; schedules exams; appointment times; type of exam, patient reports, etc Follows departmental HIS/RIS system procedures and protocol to ensure orders are verified and processed to correctly. Effectively assesses patients information and status, and follows appropriate procedure(s) accordingly. Uses standard procedures to identify the correct patient. Reviews patients requisition and understands the type of exam required by each requisition and confers with medical staff regarding clarification when necessary.
- Follows accepted radiologic procedures and uses medical information to determine type of protocol required for radiographic examination. Consults policy and procedure manuals and/or other reference materials as necessary to ensure actions conform to established protocols. Follows special instructions indicated on radiographic requisition. Recognizes need for and follows isolation precautions.
- Independently implements patient procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and standards. Explains the procedure and equipment to the patient clearly. Solves problems that arise during patient examinations using both technical knowledge and innovation. Alters examination to maximize information in response to patients condition. Confers with other technologists concerning previous approaches utilized.
- Demonstrates skill in equipment set-up, utilization and proper maintenance procedure. Performs visual and manual quality control checks of radiograhic equipment. Uses imaging and peripheral equipment, in a safe and productive manner in accordance with prescribed hospital, departmental and manufacturers procedures. Observes and reports any malfunctioning of the equipment and notifies appropriate persons in case of missing or damaged equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certificate from an accredited School of Radiologic Technology.
- New York State license or temporary permit to practice Diagnostic Radiology.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Advance Certification in Mammography.
Required Licenses: Am Registry Of Radiologic Tech, Radiologic Tech Lic - NYS
College graduate. two years experience in Mammographic procedures
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.