NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Project Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate The Senior Project Coordinator will support Network Integration and its initiatives across NYU Langone Health System by managing projects related to the development and implementation of new and ongoing programs. Responsible for assisting with refining project scope, initiating project, planning for budget and resource needs, implementing and supporting project through completion.
- Plan and manage multiple interdepartmental and inter-organizational projects as determined by Network Integration leadership
- Create and manage operational budgets directly associated with projects
- Assemble and maintain project plans and documentation of project progress using standardized project management tools
- Organize and facilitate project meetings
- Track project progress and ensure key milestones and deadlines are met using Microsoft Project Professional and/or other project management tools to meet the customer needs
- Analyze data to support project development and decision making, and monitor performance and outcomes
- Ability to synthesize complex information and present to various types of audiences
- Identify and account for project dependencies and communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Serve as representative of Network Integration and/or NYU Langone Health System at internal and external project workgroups and stakeholder meetings
- Provides administrative support for Network Integration led senior meetings, including minutes, agendas, reminders, and follow up items
- Build and promote positive working relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external
- Coordinate project communication with impacted areas across the enterprise and partnered organizations
- Ability to self-direct work efforts and take initiative
- Manage and support other work efforts as assigned
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree required Masters degree in healthcare related field (e.g., Master in Public Health, Master Health Administration, Masters in Business Administration, etc.) preferred
At least four years experience managing projects.
Demonstrated ability to lead and support a wide array of projects to successful conclusion.
Excellent analytical, research, organizational skills, confidence, versatility and initiative.
Strong computer skills and facility with Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Project; familiarity with other databases and analytic tools a plus.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated ability to adapt tone and style for broad and diverse audiences.
Basic knowledge and understanding of the healthcare industry, healthcare reform, and delivery of care.
Willingness to pursue Project Management Institute certification
Knowledge of project management tools, methods, and best practices such as those defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and included in Project Management Body of Knowledge preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.