Washington State University (WSU) Vancouver invites applications for a Library Faculty member in Archives and Special Collections, a twelve-month, full-time, tenure-track position to begin no later than January 2, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits are competitive.
WSU Vancouver Library supports the research and scholarship of the students and faculty at the Vancouver campus. The Library combines physical and digital collections, robust document delivery services and user-focused public services to continually build and adapt to WSU Vancouver’s dynamic and growing environment. As part of the WSU Libraries multi-campus system, collaboration and strong partnerships are central to our work.
The position responsibilities include:
- Oversees all aspects of the Archives and Special Collections area of the Library including appraisal, accessioning, arranging, and processing of materials in many different formats, including born-digital and digitized formats.
- Creates intellectual access tools, such as archival finding aids, in compliance with current standards.
- Facilitates access to collections for students, faculty, staff, scholars, and the community.
- Addresses collection preservation and security concerns as needed.
- Works collaboratively with members of WSU Libraries’ Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections to insure cross-campus cohesion in the application of archival standards.
- Coordinates community engagement activities including exhibits, programing, and other outreach activities, ensuring diverse perspectives are represented.
- Collaborates with library and campus faculty, community organizations, and campus development personnel on outreach, fundraising and grant opportunities.
- Supervises students and volunteers.
- Engages in scholarly activities resulting in professional publications and presentations.
- Participates in professional activities at local, state and national levels.