We are at an exciting moment in the history of Consumer Reports. Over the last year, we've built substantial capacity to engage, support, train, and mobilize our 10 million plus community in support of our central mission to empower consumers with the information and skills they need to navigate and reform marketplaces. Consumer Reports is unique in its role as a non-profit advocacy group, media company, and national community
In this role, you'll build and sustain the community we need to win. But most importantly, you'll honor and continue an 80-year history of improving the health, safety, and well-being of American families.
- Help build, execute, and refine our community volunteer member program to achieve maximum engagement among and between our community members and CR staff.
- Maintain effective, regular, and consistent one-on-one and group communications with community volunteer members in-person, over the phone, via email and our digital platforms
- Serve as the first line of response to community volunteer members' inquiries, feedback and questions before, during, and after their participation in our training program.
- Be responsible for building and nurturing relationships after the initial point of contact. Encourage community volunteer members to grow and take on more responsibility within CR's mobilization and membership work
- Help identify community volunteer members' interests and passions that will advance them as leaders.
- Coordinate with staff campaign managers, organizers, membership coordinators and community members to execute on the ground events such as media events, conferences, lobby days, rallies, summits, and house parties.
- Develop and implement a rewards and incentive program that encourages sustained involvement in our community.
- Foster deep and meaningful relationships with community volunteer members; initiate one-on-one conversations to further personal relationships with our community
- Facilitate the connection of community volunteer members with each other; encourage the building of the overall community
- Assist with the planning and execution of in person and virtual trainings for community volunteer members; coordinate with Trainer to develop templates and toolkits for community members to use in online outreach, event recruiting and on-the-ground mobilizing
- Manage, create, disseminate, and be responsible for the procurement of community volunteer members materials (swag, training materials, other)
- Support the efforts of the Social Media Community Manager in fostering relationships with community volunteer members via online communities and social networks