The Research Associate provides advanced statistical analysis to produce reports that inform executive and departmental decision-making and outcome studies. This position reports to the Director of Institutional Research. Anticipated start date is July 5, 2017.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collect, analyze, and report information related to student course success, persistence, program completion, transfer, and employment outcomes, Conduct complex quantitative studies using descriptive and inferential statistical methods to measure student outcomes and their relationship to College programs and services.
• Serve as the most advanced statistics expert in the Institutional Research Department, and an advanced user of statistics software such as R and STATA.
• Design, build, and update relational databases, and write complex queries to generate customizable data reports, to efficiently meet the needs of WCC staff.
• Train and supervise part-time professional research staff in data analysis, statistics software, report development, and survey research, as assigned by Director.
• Access and retrieve data from the College’s institutional information system (Banner) for use in data analysis.
• Write concise and comprehensive reports for executive administrators based on careful data analysis and interpretation of research results.
• Develop and submit accurate detailed annual reports required by federal and state governments within mandated deadlines.
• Participate in the formulation of research questions and the interpretation of research results.
• Supervise and participate in data analysis and report development in a wide variety of ad hoc and recurring projects.
• Maintain confidentiality of data records and follow departmental protocols.
• Stay informed on topics current research literature, methods, and applications.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.