This employee handles the day-to-day operations of the school. As the first point of contact a visitor has with the school whether by phone or in person, this employee is expected to greet people using a professional manner, and help them feel welcome in our facility. The employee is also expected to organize and maintain school information and materials in such a way that other staff members will be able to access needed information when the employee is not present. The employee should interact with staff and parents in a positive and supportive fashion, and will maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times. Student information should not be discussed with individuals unless authorized parent authorizes approval.
- Handle Bookkeeping in Quickbooks
- Handle accounts payable; enters credit card receipts; check bank accounts; reconciles all accounts; reconciles accounts on a monthly basis
- Works with Accounting Consultants to reconcile AP and AR / balance Quickbooks Online
- Provide reports needed for annual audit
- Send off sales tax payable every quarter. (April, July, October and January)
- Send in sales tax reimbursement to state every 6 months (July and January)
- Assists Executive Director with Administrative Banking management; maintenance of accounts, line of credit, and credit cards.
- Maintains accurate and up to date financial records according to GAAP.
- Prepares reports for Board Meetings on a monthly basis ensuring accuracy
- Maintain financial records for all grants. Completing required reports in appropriate format and submitting to the Executive Director in a timely manner. Prepares State grant FSR forms to be signed by the Executive Director and sent to State for reimbursement cost of students on grant.
- Makes contact with enrolling families about cost and general questions.
- Creates and maintains employee profile information.
- Creates employee folder and verifies that it contains all necessary documentation, including payroll and emergency information, and documentation of employment eligibility. Maintains medical information, I-9, and background checks in separate folders.
- Submits 1-9 e-verify within 3 days of new employee hire.
- Submits information to add employee to payroll company including all direct deposit information required.
- Submits information to Coventry online for health and dental insurance after employee has finished 90 day probation period.
- Submits information to BCBS and COBRA when employee terminates employment.
- Work with broker to renew health insurance, liability insurance, directors and officers insurance, and workers compensation insurance.
- Fill out Personnel Action Request (PAR forms) for any and all employment changes.
- Assist with tracking PTO for all employees.
- Work with RPG for Health insurance for annual enrollment and initiation of services for new or exiting employees.
- Submit COBRA notices in a timely fashion.
- Work with Clement Company on D & O, workers comp, and liability insurances.
- Submit all workers comp claims
- Handle and distribute incoming resumes.
- Assists Executive Director with bi-monthly payroll documents to Primepay.
- Prepare insurance billing for students with insurance using CMS 1500 or excel daily breakdown for non billing insurance. Follow up on Aging to assure 100% collections.
- Work to attain new insurance contracts from other providers, including but not limited to TriCare, BCBS, Humana, Medicaid, etc.
- Handles and oversees all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables to assure that we are current in tuition collection at all times.
- Provides information to families about the school either through mail, email or over the phone.
- Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changes door and alarm codes
- Handle phone system and office equipment; keeping all current and in assuring proper maintenance.
- IT Computer support: backs up server weekly, handles wireless issues, windows updates, QB updates, any other computer updates, computer issues, setting up new computers, setting up new email accounts, setting up new user accounts, and any other computer issues the school may have such as IPADs, and being a moderator for Yahoo! Groups.
- Responds to special requests and all financial questions from parents.
- Quickbooks Online
- Handles all business needs for maintenance of 501 (c) 3 non-profit business
- Assists with fundraisers and grant writing proposals, as well as grant data for contracts.
- Assists with no less than 1 fundraiser every 6 months in support of the school.
- Updates MariposaSchool.org website and keeps current on a weekly basis.
- Maintain official records and documents, ensuring compliance with federal state and local regulations such.
- Maintains organization of all financial documents insuring that cabinets are locked when not in the office
- Performs any other duties requested by the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
Physical requirements of job: Employee may be required to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend, and interact with children as necessary. Employee must be able to evacuate quickly during emergency drills. Employee may be required to lift items weighing up to 40 pounds.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. When possible, an incumbent review of the description is conducted to assist in excluding marginal functions of the position which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. All functions are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities when such modifications would not alter the essential nature and responsibility of the position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Mariposa School is an equal opportunity employer. The School will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who are disabled, unless doing so would amount to an undue burden.