Title: Institute Trainee of University Relations (3 positions: Northeast, South, and Midwest)
Location: Ideally regionally based in the Northeast, South, or Midwest territories
Position Dates: August 1, 2017 - April 27, 2018 - Full-time
The CISabroad Story
At CISabroad, we believe that education abroad offers students the best chance to realize their potential and change their world. We are a nationally known education abroad provider with a reputation for affordable, quality programs, innovative cultural curriculum, and excellent service. Students participate in our study and intern abroad programs in 22 countries, our customized faculty-led programs in 55 countries, on all continents but Antarctica. We are headquartered in Northampton, MA with a network of site directors across the globe and are proud members of The Forum on Education Abroad, NAFSA, and IIE’s Generation Study Abroad initiative.
The mission of CISabroad’s Training Institute (The Institute) is to develop future leaders in the field of international education through practical experience in university relations and recruitment, professional development, and ongoing training. Our 9-month program will offer a variety of opportunities to understand and learn about study abroad from a 360° perspective, gaining knowledge as you work with universities, students, as well as our global customized programs, faculty-led programs, marketing, university relations, and programs teams.
Throughout this 9-month period, you will receive access to a wealth of resources and knowledge and a supportive network of professionals based across the United States. We will offer activities such as resume building and LinkedIn profile pointers and joining online training webinars which you can attend as time allows.
You will leave the Institute with:
- A broad understanding of the field of education abroad from the partner provider perspective.
- Professional work experience in the field of education abroad.
- Highly transferable professional skills: Recruitment and relationship building, logistics/event planning, scheduling and planning, adaptability, how to function as part of a team and with multiple work styles, professionalism, communication and technological skills, marketing and sales skills, and more!
August Start your journey with the Institute by participating in both remote training as well as intensive training at the home office alongside our current university relations team. Location: Northampton, MA.
September-October Head out to represent CISabroad during the fall recruitment season. Travel, test your new skills, promote CISabroad programs by attending on-campus events such as study abroad fairs, and hosting info tables, classroom presentations, among others, and meet students and professionals in the field. Location: Home office with travel across the U.S., but mostly in your region.
November-December Follow up on leads; continue working on fall-related tasks, and possible cross-team projects: Work with marketing, programs, and/or customized faculty-lead teams to learn more about what they do. Location: Northampton office, home office, or in field as appropriate.
December Rejoin your colleagues once again to review the fall season and begin planning for the spring. Rejuvenate after your hearty travel season and assess your learning and performance over the last three months. Location: Northampton office.
January-March Head out to represent and promote CISabroad during the spring recruitment season. Location: Home office with travel across the U.S., but mostly in your region.
April Wrap up your Spring travels. Cross-team projects: Work with the marketing, programs, and/or customized faculty-lead teams to learn more about what they do. Possibly lead a program abroad. Location: Northampton office, home office, or in field as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Study, intern, or living experience in another culture or country
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remotely as well as being a team player
- Able to confidently, professionally, and successfully represent and promote the CISabroad brand and values
- Self-motivated and self-starter who enjoys getting the job done
- Flexible and adaptable to changing or uncertain situations (i.e. travel delays)
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who can inspire anyone to go abroad
- Expressed interest in the field of International Education
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving history
- Sales, marketing, or other related experience, preferred (i.e. retail, customer service, etc.)
- Flexible, fun, and entrepreneurial work environment
- Remote, home office based when not traveling (typical 9-5)
- Frequent air and/or ground travel, with an average of 5 days per week (includes travel) during recruitment season (FALL: mid-August through mid-November; SPRING: mid-January-through early April
- Up to one month of extensive training
- Nights and some weekend events and/or travel are common and required during peak season
- Physical demands:
- Ability to lift or maneuver up to 50 pounds
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift frequently
Salary and Benefits
- Bi-weekly salary for 9 months
- While traveling: Meal stipend, housing allowance, and rental car and gas
- Company-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance
- Medical and dependent care flex-spending account
- Wellness program
- Paid vacation, sick days + CISabroad holidays (including Winter Holiday Break from December 25th through January 1st)
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Earn and keep frequent flyer miles and points
- Comp time earned for weekend or holiday travel
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
- No phone calls please
CISabroad provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of age, race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or physical or mental disability. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, placement, promotion, salary determination, and all other conditions of employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document upon hire.