Job Description: KC Prime Staff Coach
The Staff Coach is responsible for developing, implementing, and nurturing player and coach development through sound program design and development. In assuming a leadership role amongst the coaching staff, the Staff Coach provides mentorship to coaches in all programs and fosters technical soccer skills development, soccer excellence, and good sportsmanship in a fun, safe and positive environment. The Staff Coach represents Belton Parks and Recreation and KC Prime Soccer Club in all interactions.
The Staff Coach is responsible for coaching 1-3 teams per season assigned by the Club DOC. Additionally, the Staff Coach works with teams assigned by the Club DOC or Format Director, and assists them in team selection, player movement, training, tactics, games and player development.
The Staff Coach strives to: Offer technical and tactical ideas, lesson plans, path, and/or program following the Technical Director’s systematic, progressive club-wide approach that will create the best possible environment for optimum development of KC Prime (KCP) soccer players (Long Term Development Plan or LTDP). In cooperation with the Club DOC, the Club Technical Director and other Club Directors, instruct and implement this LTDP for players with current and future club coaching staff and volunteers. Assist in the implementation of the LTDP, instruct and educate coaches in a way we can achieve soccer excellence.
Increase the communication between potential Clubs, competing Clubs and their leagues, and interested coaches. Help the Club’s current and potential coaches understand possible tasks, duties and requirements associated with the LTDP. Be flexible enough to address individual coaches’, players’, and parents’ needs.
Job Purpose & Objectives:
- Implement the LTDP program
- Coach 1-3 Club Teams per season
- Provide KCP with an opportunity to promote and broaden athletic participation, increase personal player satisfaction, reduce the dropout rate and provide growth to the club
- Educate all coaches within the Club by providing them guided instruction of the LTDP and be an easily accessible resource person in the form of “KC Prime Staff Coach”
- Increase the skill level of KCP players by providing them with a higher standard of training and higher standard of coaching
- Help develop and build programs that provides players of varying abilities at the highest levels to which they can aspire
Job Duties & Tasks:
- Must be willing to teach our KCP LTDP to players and coaches
- Provide a leadership presence with the Club at games, programs, activities and training
- Oversee Assistant Coaches, Co-Coaches, and Volunteer Coaches
- Implement the LTDP plan for KCP, including age appropriate training sessions & coaching information meetings
- Instruct training priorities for each age group and skill level responsible for leading
- Conduct age appropriate player and coaching clinics
- Help Club Coaches implement the LTDP with practice plans, guidance and sessions
- Act as a coach advisor resource for all coaches and players in the club in all matters pertaining to coaching and player development
- Educate parents on the Club’s policies and philosophies on youth development and age appropriate activities
- Help schedule, conduct and facilitate player tryouts for the club
- Help the DOC recruit, interview, evaluate, and select coaches for the Club as they relate to the Club’s Philosophy
- Help assess, evaluate, and give feedback to Club Coaches
- Attend Club meetings and give regular updates of teams within the Club
- Implement technical player evaluation forms for players
- Help identify talented players within the club, and ensure that parents are aware of higher level programs and teams within the Club and Missouri or Kansas ODP
- Identify improvements to the program structure, areas for expansion and new programs
- Promote the Club and the game in whatever ancillary duties that the Club deems necessary