* A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training.
* Minimum of 3 years administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
* Database skills with experience and interest in Business Intelligence (BI) tools.
* Demonstrated experience with budgetary analysis.
* Strong organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and deal simultaneously with multiple tasks.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* General knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods.
* Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty.
* Basic knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts.
* Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
* Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty.
* Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
* Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
* Ability to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities.
* Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
* Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty.
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
SALARY RANGE: $3,288- $5,695 per month plus excellent paid benefits (position will normally be hired at or near the entry salary). The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICATION SCREENING WILL BEGIN MAY 10, 2017. (Applications received after the screening date will be considered at the discretion of the university.)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications will be processed in accordance with Article 9.3 of the CSU/CSUEU Memorandum of Understanding. Preference will be given to qualified individuals currently employed at CSU Stanislaus in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet the best interest of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from current employees. To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed CSUS employment application (download electronic application at http://www.csustan.edu/hr/Employment_Opportunities/Staff/index.html), cover letter, and resumé to:
California State University, Stanislaus Human Resources Department
Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Building, Suite 320 (3rd Floor)
One University Circle Turlock, CA 95382
For questions, please contact: Ms. Marla Clark (209) 667-3630
A background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Voluntary_Self-Identification_of_Disability_CC-305_SD_Edit1.24.14.pdf.
THE INDIVIDUALS WHO APPEAR TO BE THE BEST QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE FOR AN INTERVIEW
THE ANNUAL CAMPUS SECURITY AND FIRE REPORT INCLUDES STATISTICS FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS CONCERNING REPORTED CRIMES THAT OCCURRED ON CAMPUS; IN CERTAIN OFF-CAMPUS BUILDINGS OR PROPERTY OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY STANISLAUS STATE; AND ON PUBLIC PROPERTY WITHIN, OR IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO AND ACCESSIBLE FROM THE CAMPUS. THE REPORT ALSO INCLUDES INSTITUTIONAL POLICIES CONCERNING CAMPUS SECURITY, SUCH AS ALCOHOL AND DRUG USE, CRIME PREVENTION, THE REPORTING OF CRIMES, SEXUAL ASSAULT AND, CAMPUS FIRE STATISTICS. YOU CAN OBTAIN A COPY OF THIS REPORT AT: HTTPS://WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/UPD/CRIME-STATISTICS. TO REQUEST A PRINTED COPY CALL: (209) 667-3572; FAX: (209) 667-3104; OR EMAIL: PUBLIC_SAFETY@CSUSTAN.EDU. INFORMATION REGARDING CAMPUS SECURITY REPORTS AT OTHER LOCATIONS CAN BE FOUND AT: HTTP://OPE.ED.GOV/SECURITY/. CLERY ACT: IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE JEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS SECURITY POLICY AND CRIME STATISTICS ACT, CRIME REPORT STATISTICS ARE AVAILABLE AT: WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/UPD/PAGES/CAMPUSCRIMESTATISTICS/INDEX.HTML.
THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PERSONS ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, ANCESTRY, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COVERED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS. ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CSU STANISLAUS HIRES ONLY INDIVIDUALS LAWFULLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. THE PERSON HOLDING THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED A ‘MANDATED REPORTER’ UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING ACT AND IS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN CSU EXECUTIVE ORDER 1083 AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE