Pathways by Molina, previously Providence Human Services, is one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services. At Pathways, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 7,000 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 24 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.
Pathways by Molina is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSAs, vacation, sick, basic and optional life insurance, EAP, 401k (100% match for the 1st 4% employee contribution/immediate vesting) and an Employee Stock Purchase.
Pathways by Molina is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as Temporary Nurse Practitioner through 6/30/17
Under the direction of a medical doctor performs comprehensive psychiatric evaluations, assessments, diagnosis, medication management, evaluation and on-going treatment of clients with mental disorders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Conducts initial client assessment to include obtaining psychiatric and medical history, performing psychiatric assessment and overall health assessment for any presenting problem
• Orders necessary laboratory studies, monitors and follows-up on abnormal results
• Provides prescriptions for psychiatric medications under the advice and direction of a medical doctor
• Assesses and evaluates responses to medications and monitors for potential side effects or adverse reactions
• Consults with other members of the treatment team on clients’ treatment plans
• Documents using Subjective information, Objective information, Assessment Plan/Symptom Observation Assessment Plan (SOAP) Format, a complete assessment and plan including all medication changes on each client
• Maintain and ensures HIPAA, ethical standards and professional boundaries with all staff and clients
• Obtains medication consents when appropriate
• Participates in staff in-service and case presentation meetings
• Consults with medical doctor regularly on treatment plans for clients
• Other duties as assigned or necessary to support your department/program, office and/or the company
• Provide the best customer care possible.
• Identify and build upon the strenghts of consumers, coworkers, and the communities we serve.
• Support consumers’ steps towards Recovery and Wellness.
• Create an organizational culture that respects and celebrates the diversity of our consumers.
• Value learning as an ongoing process that enables us to better service our consumers and establishes our leadership in the industry.
• Research and utilize our industry’s best practices and analyze our own servies to ensure the best possible outcomes.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
May provide direct supervision to any LPT or LVN’s on staff
Works under minimal supervision
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited college or university with a masters in Nursing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Nurse Practitioner license from the Board of Registered Nursing in the practicing state
Proof of: valid California driver’s license and auto insurance, as well as proof of education are required
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• One-year case management experience working with the severely and chronically mentally ill population preferred
• Requires strong clinical skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Intermediate level PC skills required
• Office Environment (not remote position). Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking;
• May be required to lift up to 20 pounds
• Requires significant use of computer, tablet, phone and/or general office equipment
• Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects
• Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone
• Will require off-site travel 20% - local and out of state (meetinng, county and/or client needs)
DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES
Recognizes any unusual client situations or circumstances and reports them to a medical doctor immediately.
Makes important evaluations during the assessment and evaluation of clients which results in decisions as to the appropriate psychiatric medication treatment plan.