This individual will have five major duties: 1) fly husbandry and maintenance to support all members of the Kaun Laboratory, 2) performing biochemistry experiments necessary for the success of the Kaun Lab, 3) performing fly brain dissection, immunohistochemistry and microscopy to support results from biochemistry and molecular biology experiments, 4) familiarity with molecular biology experiments necessary for the success of the Kaun Lab, and 5) perform general lab support duties and tasks.
- Required: Bachelor of Science Degree
- Preferred: B.Sc., M.Sc., or Ph.D.
- 1 year related research experience.
- Coursework completed or corresponding experimental laboratory experience in neurobiology, molecular biology, genetics, and biochemistry
- Knowledge of experimental planning and design
- Experience working in a Drosophila laboratory
- Experience with methods of computational analysis pertinent to neurogenetic research
- Proficiency in confocal microscopy, immunohistochemistry, fluorescence microscopy, PCR and qPCR, both troubleshooting and primer design, western blotting, chromatin immunoprecipitation, protein quantification assays, behavioral analysis, molecular cloning, nucleic acid and protein extraction from cells and tissue, and genome database analysis is required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people with vastly different skills and training
- Ability to collaborate on projects
- Ability to work independently
- Dependability and accuracy
Criminal Background and Education Check Required.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-20-07:00
Job Posting Title:Research Assistant
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.