Brown's Health Services team has two openings for Medical Assistants. The Medical Assistant is an integral part of the health care team at Health Services that serves more than 80% of the diverse student population at Brown. The MA is responsible for the intake and preparation of patients, assisting medical providers, performing waived tests, stocking, cleaning (per infection control protocols), scheduling appointments(internal/external), and performing office duties including release of information, faxing, scanning, copying, filing, referrals and referral tracking.
- Certification from a Medical Assistant training program or equivalent including training in medical and office assisting
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Clinical experience in an ambulatory setting
- Minimum one year medical office experience required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to provide culturally competent care to a diverse population required; experience working with diverse student populations preferred
- Orientation towards quality customer service necessary
- Computer efficiency and experience with EHR preferred
- CPR certification
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-20-07:00
Job Posting Title:Medical Assistant
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.