NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Performance Analyst.
The Performance Management Office analyst will integrate real time data through the use of business intelligence tools into useful information and metrics that will drive leadership strategic decision-making and allow department managers to immediately act on adverse trends . The analyst will provide transparency of data and targets through various performance tools such as dashboards and scorecards which seek to increase throughput, improve productivity, and gain operational efficiencies. This position requires a keen analytical ability to synthesize the data and correlation of metrics that will support achievement of organizational goals in clinical, operational and financial performance at NYU Hospitals Center.
- Analyze data for performance trends, significant results (variances) and opportunities for improvement based on sound scientific methodology. Utilize analytical reporting / BI tools in designing reports, scorecards and dashboards to provide the appropriate detail information to diagnose reasons for unfavorable performance. Review quality, financial and operational metrics and correlate metrics using statistical methods that will provide insight into causal effect of performance outcomes. Keep abreast of new developments, techniques and methods regarding technical solutions in supporting performance management systems.
- Manage projects in the development of organizational metrics and KPI's utilizing sound definitions and data sources in collaboration with management and department business owners. Work with IT in maintaining the enterprise data warehouse to include the necessary data fields used for accurate technical specifications and methodology of metrics. Participate in the governance of metric definitions and maintenance of a Web-based Business Glossary that will ensure consistent reporting. Facilitate interdisciplinary meetings in the development of metric targets that will assist leadership and departments in achieving their goals. Perform necessary research including literary searches in the development and tracking of performance metrics and for benchmarking data.
- Responsible for the timely dashboard posting of Performance Management tools including the Hospital Balanced Scorecard as well as other tools that seek increased throughput, productivity and operational efficiencies. Ensure a data integrity process by performing quality assurance checks on all inputs and outputs on performance metric reports and establish a routine data collection process with business owners in validation of data. Collaborate and facilitate meetings with other departments including IT and Finance in developing and addressing issues with performance management systems. Assist in facilitating standing interdisciplinary meetings to review data quality or system design and functionality issues. Act as a resource to dashboard users and provide training to hospital department managers in the utilization of performance management tools.
- Prepare and distribute standing and ad hoc reports. Ensure reports meet quality standards that are appropriate for presentation to Senior Leadership, Hospital Administration, and Department Managers at various committee meetings.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have a Master's degree in business administration, computer science, health care administration, or related field.
- Minimum of three years' experience in an analytical role with demonstrated knowledge of financial concepts, statistical analysis and software applications. Experience in Healthcare with EPIC is a plus
- Experience in managing project teams and working with professionals with a variety of skills and backgrounds.
- Good business sense with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required with experience in other data analysis and Business Intelligence tools (Business Objects and Tableau preferred). Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.