NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Director Advanced Practice Nurses-CCC. In this role, the successful candidate directs the functions of setting objectives, staffing, and coordinating the operational activities of the Advanced Practice Nurses Programs; coordinates activities in preparation for appointment/reappointment, and related credentialing to assure full regulatory compliance; provides clinical oversight, and evaluation of performance; supports interdisciplinary collaboration with clinical services and residency programs.To qualify you must have a Licensed Advanced Practice Nurse in NY State with current registration. Bachelor's degree in Nursing and Master's in nursing or related field required. Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in acute care nursing; minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership experience in a position of comparable scope, including clinical case management, project management and evaluation, quality and performance improvement methodologies, and patient education; interdisciplinary leadership experience in team work essential. Experience with data management, analysis, presentation, and computerized information systems essential. Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and team building skills; self-directed, creative, risk-taker, understanding of change management, professional practice, and current issues and trends in nursing, service line delivery and health care in general. Values the features of an organization that recruits and retains professional nurses who deliver excellent outcomes. Membership in specialty related associations and/or interdisciplinary organizations. Certification in Advanced Practice Nursing and/or Nursing Administration desirable.Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities.Further graduate education preferred. Membership in Association of Health Services Researchers and/or American Organization of Nurse Executives, interdisciplinary organizations, and other related networking preferred. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Articulates principles of clinical care management and clinical process improvement in terms understandable to entry through expert level of providers.
- Utilizes evidence-based approaches to develop, maintain and evaluate clinical care that supports the delivery of safe, effective and efficient patient care.
- Makes recommendations and supports effective and efficient care delivery systems
- Develops, promulgates, and fosters the implementation of process and outcome standards involving clinical pathways, interdisciplinary protocols, and order sets that meet clinical care objectives and appropriate resource utilization
- Works collaboratively with Service Chiefs, collaborating physicians, nursing, and other departments to achieve mutually defined goals Guides advanced practitioners in addressing patient flow issues as they pertain to clinical care coordination
- Provides clinical leadership to advanced practice nurses and physician assistants in assessing, implementing and evaluating the care provided to patients
- Supports adherence to individually approved delineation of privileges and required competencies
- Facilitates the utilization of reimbursement programs for the care delivered by advanced practitioners
- Assists with educating advanced practitioners on the issues and impact of hospital denials for medical necessity
- Assists in the design and implementation of processes that facilitate age appropriate culturally sensitive and ethical care for patients
- Demonstrates and enhances others' understanding of nursing and patient care standards as integral and supportive of professional practice
- Demonstrates visibility, accessibility and effective communication that conveys a strong sense of advocacy and support for staff and leadership
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, and the departments of nursing
- Facilitates advanced practice nurses activities related to clinical care management
- Contributes to the development of the APN financial plan; monitors and evaluates outcomes, making modifications as indicated; assesses recruitment and retention needs, conducts interviews and monitors the use of resources at the unit/service level
- Initiates and sustains structure standards for the Advanced Practice Nursing program
- Establishes accountability while providing support and guidance for role advancement and professional development
- Hires, orients, develops and evaluates APNs from orientation through termination according to established standards
- Participates in hospital committees and projects, including the Advanced Nursing Practice Council, Service Line Teams, Recruitment and Retention Council, Patient Family Education council and others as indicated
- Demonstrates understanding of the value of professional nursing, the conceptual framework in which it is practiced, and the features of an organization that attracts and retains advanced practice nurses role models service standards in actions and communications with patients, families, and staff and other disciplines
- Functions as a respectful leader of the health care team
- Facilitates an environment of learning that supports patient safety and professional practice
- Supports participation of advanced practice nurses and physician assistants in activities and educational programs that promote learning and professional development
- Provides educational programs related to care management for nursing, other clinical staff and leadership.
- Establishes individualized orientation, precepting, and mentoring programs that assist the novice to the expert to transition to competent, effective performance
- Serves as resource to staff for adherence to nursing and interdisciplinary standards that are consistent with the established Care Management model
- Maintains clinical and leadership competency by participation in continuing education professional organizations and other related activities
- Works collaboratively with clinical, educational resources and other experts to plan and implement educational offerings for staff and leadership
- Facilitates development and utilization of interdisciplinary patient and family educational materials and programs in conjunction with the Patient Family Education Council
EVALUATION OF OUTCOMES / RESEARCH
- Obtains and utilizes data from a variety of sources including internal and external bench marking, research findings and outcomes data to enhance programs supporting patient care, care management services and improve patient outcomes
- Participates in development and implementation of quality and performance improvement initiatives of the program
- Recommends program changes based on current literature, research, and evidence based practice findings
- Participates in and fosters staff involvement in evidence-based practice, clinical studies, and research projects pertinent to their specific patient populations
- Evaluates own performance based on professional practice standards, and criteria established by accrediting/regulatory agencies
- Participates in establishing methodology and processes for clinical peer review
- Participates in evaluating care management program outcomes, and development of improvement plans
- Participates in the evaluation of nursing and interdisciplinary outcome standards, including revisions as indicated
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of advanced practice nursing and physician assistant programs
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.