Information Technology Services at the University of Tennessee at Martin is accepting applications for an IT Administrator IV (Networking). This position is for a network administrator for the University of Tennessee at Martin. This position identifies, researches, and disseminates new technologies related to data network and network security. It directs and participates in the complex and mission critical analysis of the network and network security. It will identify, evaluate, support, and solve complex issues associated with the wired and wireless networks and network security.
Serves as project lead on many network and network security projects:
* Provide a demonstrated mastery and in-depth understanding of existing and emerging network and network security technologies in a complex network environment.
* Manage, administer, and maintain networking and network security equipment, management software, and resources in a complex network environment; coordinate the design, documentation, configuration, troubleshooting, operation, modification and repair of networking hardware and software.
* Direct and participate in the mission critical analysis and design of network and network security resource configurations, improvements and upgrades.
* Perform complex analysis and extensive problem resolution for networking and network security hardware and software. Evaluate and monitor networking equipment.
* Identify strategic areas of development in networking and network security
* Proactively implement industry best practices
* Provide guidance to colleagues and users
* Plan and coordinate projects
* May serve as project lead on any size project
* Provide in-depth industry knowledge
* Perform other related duties as required