| The division of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) includes four major areas: Development, Advancement Services, Alumni Relations, and the Career Development Center. As a part of DAR, the Development Assistant completes projects to support DAR staff involved in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts to the University. As such, the Development Assistant undertakes the wide variety of duties and tasks necessary to assist the fundraisers and other DAR travelers and credit card holders, and must have the ability to prioritize competing projects and work effectively as part of a team in a high-volume environment. As a part of the team, the Development Assistant strives to achieve efficiency and accuracy while providing effective travel and finance support across the division. This position reports to the Development Administrative Support Manager.|
All DAR staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Works collaboratively as part of a team that provides support for approximately 80 DAR staff members. Prioritizes tasks and manages assignments to provide effective support services as categorized below.
- Pre travel services including travel planning/reservations; itinerary preparation and publishing; compiling leave-behind material packets; compiling prospect information and other materials for fundraiser reference, assisting with calendars and scheduling.
- Post travel services including preparing expense reports to ensure appropriate expense reconciliation/reimbursement and budget charges using the on line expense system. Maintains knowledge of Bucknell's Travel and Expense Policy and works directly with assigned DAR staff for timely and accurate reporting.
- Participates in formatting, proofreading, printing, and mailing correspondence; taking meeting minutes/notes for DAR staff upon request.
- Assists with small event/campus visit services, venue and catering needs, purchase and prepare host gifts and favors, and compile printed materials as needed.
- Provides support, including supply ordering, special mailings, maintaining publication/brochure inventory and other support requests.
- Assists in answering the phones for the main DAR phone line and occasionally working at DAR sponsored events. Must be a well-informed representative of Bucknell, providing information and routing calls to appropriate staff members in the most effective manner.
- Maintain knowledge of online systems and tools used in the support process including the project management software, electronic travel and expense system, and Microsoft Word and Excel. Participates in training opportunities to improve knowledge as available and appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED
* One or more years experience providing office support services
* Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Word and Excel
* Demonstrates knowledge of database function and reporting
* Prior accounting or financial experience
* Two or more years experience providing office support services
* Experience in a higher education fundraising office
Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, business, education, and music. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns.
Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution, that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs.