The Associate Director, HEOR, designs and executes health economics and outcomes research projects and works independently in the HEOR activities in support of a compound(s) or specific therapeutic area. For the assigned area, S/he will manage study quality, resources, project plan and vendors and also lead customer-facing presentations when HEOR information is requested. S/he will lead operational aspects for the HEOR team, including coordinating field HEOR needs and requests, and support building HEOR functional excellence in terms of processes, policies, internal training and awareness. S/he will represent the HEOR function on internal medical and legal review committees.
· A minimum of an advanced degree (MS, MPH, MBA) in Public Health, Health Services Research, Economics, Epidemiology, Health Policy or a related disciple is required.
· Minimum of 10 years in Health Economics and Outcomes Research is required.
· Experience leading a cross-functional team or initiative is required to demonstrate leading without authority
· A strong understanding of the US healthcare systems, policies and context is preferred.
· Presenting HEOR data to external audiences, field HEOR experience, and drug launch experience would be a big plus.
· Clinical background is a plus (PharmD, BSN, MD).
· Expertise in the healthcare industry, clinical knowledge or practice across multiple therapeutic areas, technical expertise in data analysis or statistics is required.
· SAS programming experience and experience working with large databases is a plus
· Demonstrated expertise in health services research, health economics, retrospective observational research from inception to publication is required.
· Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and project management skills and vendor management is required
· Willingness to travel (<15%), domestically in the US.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks, and drug testing as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.