Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Familiarity with modern archival theory, standards, and practices and their implementation. This knowledge includes an understanding of appraisal methods, arrangement and description, preservation, and access (digital/physical)
- Understanding of and ability to apply controlled vocabularies and descriptive standards, (e.g. DACS, EAD, and AAT); familiarity with a variety of metadata standards
- Knowledge of information technologies appropriate to special collections and archives, and familiarity with database management, word processing, spreadsheet software, and web-based applications and technologies used in an archives environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Experience creating online finding aids and other descriptive tools
- Experience processing archival materials (digital/physical)
- Experience processing images and audiovisual materials
- Experience handling digital media and born-digital files in archival collections
- Experience with digitization of archival materials and related delivery systems
- Experience interpreting and applying restrictions for access to and/or use of archival materials
- Computer skills
- MS Office
- MS SharePoint
- Experience using database software and Internet search engines
Enrolled or a recent graduate of a program of graduate study in Archival Studies, Library & Information Science (ALA accredited), or related field such as History, Public History, or Computer Science.
Deadline for applications: Review of applications will begin on May 8, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but preference will be given to applications received by the date the review begins.
To apply submit a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org