HIAS seeks an IT Support Specialist to support HIAS staff (users) in field offices as well as coordinate IT related work and projects with field office IT staff, consultants, or designated point person(s). Support areas include, but are not limited to, networking (LAN & WAN), system/account administration, Personal Computers (PC), PC related hardware/software, E-Mail, business applications, mobile voice/data devices, etc. This position requires international travel, estimated at 2-4 trips during the duration of the assignment, for a length of 1-2 weeks each. Amount of travel is subject to change based on field need. The duration of this assignment is 9 months with a possibility of an extension based on funding.
- Assists the Senior Director of IT with planning, analysis, development, and implementation of field related IT projects, standards, guidelines, and policy.
- Coordinates and helps manage IT related work and projects with field office IT staff, consultants, or designated point person(s).
- Provides thoughts and recommendations to improve effectiveness/efficiency of staff, enhances collaboration, and best approaches for training.
- Provides remote and on premise IT support for HIAS staff in field offices around the world.
- Plans and delivers training to field based staff regarding all applicable IT areas.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs hardware and software according to the standards set by the HIAS Information Technology Department.
- Administers and manages enterprise system accounts and permissions as needed to ensure HIAS staff can work in a secure and appropriate manner.
- Coordinates vendor support where necessary.
- Keeps individuals informed as to the status of their IT related requests and/or projects; records all requests in the appropriate helpdesk system and keeps project tracking methods up to date.
- Confers with management, peers, and employees to establish requirements for new systems or enhancements to processes; Provides technical guidance and advice to management.
- Helps manage and maintain LAN/WAN and all related hardware, software and services.