Objective: Responsible for the overall safety and well-being of the residents in the safe house during the overnight hours. The Awake Overnight House Advocate is responsible for answering the crisis line and assisting callers. Worker is responsible for accurate data entry into the computer database, completing purchase orders for final approval, and making hourly safety checks of the safe house. Worker may also be responsible for preparing meals during the shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide crisis intervention, counseling, education, safety planning, and referrals to callers on the crisis line.
* Conduct intake and eligibility evaluations to determine guest needs and appropriateness for services.
* Ensure documentation in resident records in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with agency policies and funding requirements.
* Responsible for accurate and timely computer data entry for guest information and services.
* Assist in processing and storing donations.
* Identify needed items and completing Purchase Orders to obtain needed items at the safe house.
* Responsible for ensuring that new guest paperwork is available and in files.
* Responsible for completing daily Advocate checklist
* Interact with residents in the community areas of the shelter and role model appropriate social skills, conflict resolution, parenting, and other skills of daily living.
* Provide safety planning, individual crisis counseling, support and education regarding domestic violence issues using a non-judgmental approach in working with residents of the shelter.
* Ensure building is secure.
* Supervise and coordinate activities related to house policies and chores.
* Conduct and document hourly rounds throughout the assigned shift and ensure alarms are activated.
* Update daily roster and shift reports.
* Attend and participate in supervision, weekly group meetings, and All Staff Meetings.
* Conduct, attend, and participate in appropriate training and education.
* Immediately report child abuse to Department of Children and Family Services as mandated by law and in accordance with agency procedures.
* Planning nutritious, well balanced meals for residents of the Safe House.
* Prepare dinner for residents following proper food handling procedures.
* Maintain food storage areas by organizing food, removing expired items, and preparing weekly grocery shopping list and submit to volunteer shopper.
* Submit quarterly inventory of kitchen supplies
* Responsible for ordering food thru Chicago Food Depository and completing monthly reports
* Responsible for reporting building maintenance issues to Facilities Department.
* Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.