Hathaway Brown School seeks a visionary library professional to work with the Primary Division grades and collaborate with three additional librarians and staff members. The successful candidate is a passionate advocate for library services, committed to creating an inviting and engaging environment to inspire every learner. This educator will design, implement, and teach an information and reading literacy program for grades K-4 that instills a love of learning, fosters multiple literacies, and empowers students to be enthusiastic readers, responsible users of information, and creative and critical thinkers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Library Media Specialist will:
- Work closely with the Director of Library Services and library staff to assist in providing superior library services to the school community.
- Promote a positive, professional relationship with students, staff, faculty, administrators and parents to bring the benefits of the libraries to the entire school community.
- Stimulate student engagement and acquisition of knowledge through original, inventive and innovative teaching practices.
- Use library collection development practices to assist in maintaining and developing, superior, balanced school library collections with a diverse, multicultural, and global point of view.
- Stay abreast of new library technologies and actively explore technologies and resources that support student learning and increase access to knowledge for students, faculty, and staff.
- Teach library, information literacy, and research skills and procedures to students, faculty, and staff in accordance with established school and library standards as well as national best practices.
- Attend divisional and grade level meetings and consult with and assist faculty in creating lesson plans that integrate library, media and technology resources into curricular areas.
- Participate in ongoing professional development to continually enhance personal skills related to library media services
- Supervise library processes and catalog library materials as needed.
- Demonstrate professional integrity through ethical behavior.
- Participate in various professional organizations and activities that relate to libraries, learning, literacy, and technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.