Program Management Specialist - (170000QS)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore Office of the President is seeking a Program Management Specialist. The Program Management Specialist works collaboratively with internal and external partners to ensure the best practices and strategies for several programs at the University that include Faculty Senate, Diversity Advisory Council (DAC) and UMBrella. The Program Management Specialist also performs a variety of routine administrative functions.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that starts with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and implementing administrative activities for the Office of the President. Answers phones and greets visitors in cordial and professional manner.
- Makes arrangements and coordinates all details and setups for meetings. Attends meetings and prepares minutes.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and emails. Independently handles procedural and substantive matters and inquiries which do not require executive's input. Provides information requiring comprehensive knowledge of UMB policies, procedures, and special issues.
- Prepares and distributes information and resources to various audiences by creating, revising, editing, and proofing correspondence, minutes, publications, and other materials. Reads and edits outgoing correspondence for procedural, typographical, and grammatical errors.
- Assists in the management/coordination of University programs. Collects, compiles, and organizes data pertinent to various ongoing programs. Analyzes, summarizes, and communicates this information to appropriate officials. Develops and maintains reporting information for various programs assigned to the office. Creates and manages various ad-hoc projects as requested.
- Establishes effective communication channels and acts as liaison between the program and officials within and outside the institution. Consults with program head and administrative officials regarding policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program needs following specific instructions.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Two years' experience in administrative staff work. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Preferred Experience: Prior experience in an academic setting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of and skill in the application of office practices, procedures, and equipment, of business English, spelling, grammar, and arithmetic, of University System of Maryland (USM) and University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) policies and procedures and the university's mission, vision, and core values.
- Use of basic methods and techniques used in organizing and conducting studies and analyses or programs, procedures, and organizations; of basic analytical and statistical principles and techniques. Skill in composing a variety of correspondence; in operating manual and automated office equipment; in managing filing systems, in gathering and summarizing information, in maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive matters with discretion and tact, in interacting with students, faculty, and staff at all levels in a courteous and efficient manner; in planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing complicated and continuing assignments without instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; to understand and follow verbal and written instructions; to project a professional and positive image of the university; to make effective presentations.
- Skill in the use of office automation software and its application; in operating manual and automated office equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to present ideas and information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; to perform mathematical computations; to present statistical material in chart and graph form; strong time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are not eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).
Hiring Range: $42,000-$50,000
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Non-Exempt Staff - N10pm1
Employee Class : Non-Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: Office of the President, UMB
: Apr 24, 2017