The Research Data Analyst provides expertise in data management, quality assurance, analysis and reporting. Establishes data accuracy and validity derived from a variety of systems. This role performs data analysis using statistical techniques. This position researches and analyzes information using multiple databases and creates reports of data and results. The Research Data Analyst assists in the preparation and delivery of decision support reports to both internal and external customers.
This position will support investigators who are conducting clinical trials and epidemiologic studies in the Health Literacy and Learning Program for the Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics.
- Designs and prepares documentation for qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Discuss findings with senior management.
- Develop queries and quality metrics.
- Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation to more complex statistical analysis.
- Manages complex databases.
- Completes data cleaning and organizes data files for analysis.
- Reviews data and identifies quality issues.
- Presents findings in an appropriate manner.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2 years data analysis/report writing or similar experience required.
- Skill/knowledge with the following:
- Infrastructure (extends across applications): Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook), RedCap.
- Programming Languages and Frameworks: SAS, R, STATA.
- Analytical: Critical thinking, database design/data structure, metadata creation and management, problem solving, troubleshooting.
- Skill/knowledge in the use of statistical software applications, such as SAS.
- Proven excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master's or higher degree in biostatistics, statistics, and/or computer science or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience with creating surveys and extracting data from REDCap.
- Prior working/programming experience with other statistical, or relational database programs (i.e. STATA, MySQL, SQL Server).
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.