The Statistical Analyst partners with clients to design, develop, implement and maintain business solutions regarding data management and analysis. This includes database administration, data consolidation, data analysis and management reporting. This role utilizes software to generate metrics and develops actionable recommendations. Collaborates with various function teams such as marketing, research, and IT to achieve business results.
This position will support investigators who are conducting clinical trials and epidemiologic studies in the Health Literacy and Learning Program for the Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics.
- Manages and plans for data/analysis requests and projects.
- Provides consultation to customers on appropriate data management, methodological issues and statistical analyses.
- Collaborates with technical staff explaining needs of functional users. Serve on committees related to data structure and governance.
- Reviews reports before presentation to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Develops and maintains documentation of process for quality assurance and reporting methodology
- Defines, develops and communicates new standards and best practices.
- Develops queries and quality metrics.
- Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex statistical analysis.
- Determines data structure for local datasets.
- Develops and documents standards for data quality and regulatory compliance pertaining to reporting.
- Ensures quality and compliance by reviewing reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 4 years data analysis/report writing or similar experience required.
Skills/knowledge/experience in the following:
- Infrastructure (extends across applications): Miicrosoft Office (word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook), RedCap
- Programming Languages and Frameworks: SAS, R, STATA
- Analytical: Critical thinking, business intelligence application design, data mining, data warehouse deign structure,
- Debugging, decision-making, enterprise architecture, enterprise directory services, judgment, metadata creation and management, and problem solving.
- Project: Collaboration and teamwork, evaluate resources, facilities collaboration, functional documentation, iterative & incremental development, organizational skills, planning.
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, statistics, and/or computer science or related.
- Skill/knowledge of longitudinal and regression modeling with missing data.
- Proven ability to work independently, and in a team environment.
- Proven excellent organization skills, and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated skill/knowledge in standard statistical software packages (SAS, R, Stata), and database management.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.