Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST1968
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an IST Analyst II (Infrastructure Security) for the Office of Information Technology. The IST Analyst II provides Network Security Operations support including firewalls, IPS systems, vulnerability scanning, log management support, and reporting. Responsible for the upgrade of legacy equipment and modifications to existing infrastructure in a 24×7×365 environment.
- Develops documentation, formulates and applies policies and procedures as related to the position.
- Performs technical resource planning and support.
- Maintains network security equipment in support of security policies; monitors network traffic and correlate system logs to identify potential system breaches or security exploits.
- Perform system tuning, monitoring and trend analysis; develops and manages project plans.
- Assists in or manages the installation of software and/or hardware components keeping security best practices in the forefront; understands and follows industry technology trends.
- Interacts with users and other technical areas to gather requirements and compile data.
- Acts as liaison between OIT and other Rutgers technical communities.
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)
Cisco and/or Juniper Certification is preferred. Proficiency in scripting language(s) is a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Candidate must have operational network security knowledge and experience in:
- Firewalls, multiple vendors (S2S/RA VPN, ACLs, NAT)
- IPS systems
- Log management tools
- Routing/switching (VLANs, routing protocols, sub netting)
- Access control systems (ACS, ISE)
- Network access control (NAC)
- Incident response
Ability to develop and manage project work plans. Excellent oral and written communications skills and interpersonal skills. Must be team-oriented and able to work closely with other supporting organizations.
Department: Office Information Technology