Coordinates and provides medical/clinical services including engagement, assessment, differential diagnosis, recovery service planning, medication management, education, and risk assessment and discharge planning. Uses Recovery Coaching to maximize the opportunity to create recovery partnerships and a recovery environment. Participates as a team member by providing leadership to the team that ensures a No Force First recovery environment that supports the Recovery Pathways.
I. Essential Job Functions
1. Provides nursing and medical care in compliance with licensing regulations and accreditation standards.
2. Gets to know each guest’s needs and provides appropriate treatment and referral. Documents findings in the medical record.
3. Ensures completion of designated reviews of all new guests brought to the facility, making appropriate dispositions in accordance with agency policy.
4. Supervises/or provides health care for all existing guests including re-evaluation and ongoing treatment.
5. Prescribes and administers medication according to agency’s medication procedures.
6. Supervises special diet requirements as needed.
7. Initiates and/or ensures appropriate response to all medical emergencies in accordance with agency medical protocols and agency procedures.
8. Oversees safety intervention procedures as appropriate to program and consistent with the agency’s “no-force-first” policy.
9. Working knowledge and implementation of Involuntary Commitment Procedures adhering the agency’s “no-force-first” policy.
10. Communicates complaints and incidents to supervisory personnel in accordance with agency policies.
1. Documents relevant and required information and services provided in the identified service record (electronic or otherwise) assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
2. Maintain and observe all HIPAA regulations that apply.
3. Provide timely, quality and accurate documentation in accordance with program standards.
III. Safety/ Physical Environment
1. Participates as a team member to provide a safe recovery environment. Utilizes infection control and other safety standards. Contributes to the cleanliness of the work place.
2. Utilizes effective positive engagement and conflict resolution skills.
3. Fosters personal and environmental wellness by taking care of self and maintaining environmental wellness by reporting infection and on the job injuries.
4. Assesses emergency situations, notifies supervisor of actual or potential challenges, exercises judgment in stressful conditions and responds calmly and quickly. Displays teamwork during emergencies.
5. Influence and improve operations which are not under direct control.
6. Use problem solving methods and critical thinking to continuously improve operations.
IV. Organizational Values
1. Actively embodies RI Internationals mission, vision and values.
2. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the program and Recovery Innovations.
3. Contributes and participates in continuous Quality Improvement initiatives.
4. Models and practices recovery principles in all activities including hope, empowerment, responsibility, mutuality and self determination.
1. Develop new and innovative ways to improve operations of the program and to create new opportunities.
2. Determine strategies to move the program and Recovery Innovations forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
1. Establish and maintain positive working relationship with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
2. Serves as a representative of the organization, acts as a positive role model towards all interactions (internal/ external stakeholders and people we serve) without judgment.
3. Provides assistance in a concise, informative manner, keeping a positive, courteous tone and appropriate non-verbal communication and effective listening.
1. Contributes to effective teamwork by combining skills and energies in a coordinated effort with supervisors, co-workers, guests and outside agencies.
2. Communicates collaboratively with inter/intra-disciplinary team members and participates in team meetings.
3. Develops collaborative relationships with community partners.
4. Accepts feedback and contributes in an open and receptive way.
5. Works independently or as part of a team; ability to interact appropriately with others.
6. Speak, listen and write clearing, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
7. Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
8. Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
V. Cultural Competence
1. Focus on Service Participant Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
2. Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
3. Provide a safe and nurturing environment with an emphasis on respect, diversity, acceptance and compassion.
4. An ability to interact effectively within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, language and needs.
5. Develops and maintain accurate community resources for education, information and referrals appropriate to guests needs