At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We have an opportunity for a Cost and Efficiency Leader to join our team. Reporting to the Finance / Commercial Support Manager, the Cost and Efficiency Leader has the responsibility for leading the fixed cost and operational efficiency analysis for the BASF Coatings Automotive OEM (ECO) Americas organization.
Cost and Efficiency Leader (1701227)
You will proactively design and lead effective analysis for the steering of fixed costs and operational efficiencies, including partnering with other ECO Americas team members, functions, and business directors. You will also lead the fixed cost planning, budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis processes for the ECO Americas organization, and supports the strategies of the BASF Global Automotive Coatings business.
Formula for Success: You Will…
ECO operates in a competitive environment and there is constant demand to understand what the business is investing and spending resources on, and to ensure efficiency improvements in fixed cost spending. This position is expected to be part of the front-line cost management view for Controlling and N-ECN Leadership. Certain core responsibilities are scheduled on a regular basis, such as monthly fixed cost forecasts/reviews and annual planning. However, the great majority of the work requires independent analysis and collaboration with the different business functions. The job requires a flexible outlook to work planning and the ability to shift priorities quickly and frequently. There is no overtime scheduled in the job, but sometimes overtime and weekend work is necessary.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree required, BS in Finance/Accounting preferred and a minimum of six years of financial analysis and reporting experience. MBA a plus.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of cost accounting, planning, forecasting, financial/business analysis; work experience in multiple business functions considered a strength.
- Strong ability to form collaborative partnerships and influence others to identify needs and find creative solutions to solve difficult requests. Supervisory experience or experience leading projects considered a plus.
- Ability to take charge, prioritize, stay organized, and pay attention to details while working in a fast-paced environment. Can ensure rigor and accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to reduce complex analysis to the core quality in concise verbal and written communications. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to think and act on both strategic and tactical levels. Experienced in using data and qualitative research to uncover the real drivers of business performance and value.
- Superior computer skills in utilizing technology to find fast and effective ways of performing financial analysis. Example software: MS-Excel/Access (importing/linking to external data, power pivot, macros, etc.), MS-PowerPoint, and working with database/query tools. Experience using SAP considered an advantage.
Interested candidates should apply via this link: https://basf.jobs/north-america-bc/job/Southfield-Cost-and-Efficiency-Leader-Automotive-Coatings-MI-48033/340649801/?feedId=111101
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.