* Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents.
* Several years of related office work experience.
* Experience working in a library environment Knowledge of Library and University infrastructure, procedures, and policies
* Ability to understand, interpret, communicate, and apply procedures, policies, ideas, and instructions relating to and impacting the Library and the University.
* Knowledge of computer software programs for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, accounting, electronic mail, and web editing, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook. Experience with Common Financial System (CFS/PeopleSoft)
* Ability to review budgetary data and make accurate projections. Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and develop, recommend, and implement proposed solutions.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments. Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
* Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
* Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects. Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
* Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
* Ability to perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
* Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
* Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
SALARY RANGE: $2,846 - $4,619 per month plus excellent paid benefits. Position will typically be hired at or near the entry salary. The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED; SCREENING CONTIUOSLY
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications will be processed in accordance with Article 9.3 of the CSU/CSUEU Memorandum of Understanding. Preference will be given to qualified individuals currently employed at CSU Stanislaus in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet the best interest of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from current employees. To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed CSUS employment application (download electronic application at http://www.csustan.edu/hr/Employment_Opportunities/Staff/index.html), cover letter, and resumé to:
California State University, Stanislaus ? Human Resources Department
Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Building, Suite 320 (3rd Floor)
One University Circle ? Turlock, CA 95382
For questions, please contact: Mr. Ron Rodriguez (209) 667-3607
A background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Voluntary_Self-Identification_of_Disability_CC-305_SD_Edit1.24.14.pdf.
THE INDIVIDUALS WHO APPEAR TO BE THE BEST QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE FOR AN INTERVIEW
THE ANNUAL CAMPUS SECURITY AND FIRE REPORT INCLUDES STATISTICS FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS CONCERNING REPORTED CRIMES THAT OCCURRED ON CAMPUS; IN CERTAIN OFF-CAMPUS BUILDINGS OR PROPERTY OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY STANISLAUS STATE; AND ON PUBLIC PROPERTY WITHIN, OR IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO AND ACCESSIBLE FROM THE CAMPUS. THE REPORT ALSO INCLUDES INSTITUTIONAL POLICIES CONCERNING CAMPUS SECURITY, SUCH AS ALCOHOL AND DRUG USE, CRIME PREVENTION, THE REPORTING OF CRIMES, SEXUAL ASSAULT AND, CAMPUS FIRE STATISTICS. YOU CAN OBTAIN A COPY OF THIS REPORT AT: HTTPS://WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/UPD/CRIME-STATISTICS. TO REQUEST A PRINTED COPY CALL: (209) 667-3572; FAX: (209) 667-3104; OR EMAIL: PUBLIC_SAFETY@CSUSTAN.EDU. INFORMATION REGARDING CAMPUS SECURITY REPORTS AT OTHER LOCATIONS CAN BE FOUND AT: HTTP://OPE.ED.GOV/SECURITY/. CLERY ACT: IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE JEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS SECURITY POLICY AND CRIME STATISTICS ACT, CRIME REPORT STATISTICS ARE AVAILABLE AT: WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/UPD/PAGES/CAMPUSCRIMESTATISTICS/INDEX.HTML.
THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PERSONS ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, ANCESTRY, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COVERED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS. ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CSU STANISLAUS HIRES ONLY INDIVIDUALS LAWFULLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. THE PERSON HOLDING THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED A ‘MANDATED REPORTER’ UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING ACT AND IS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN CSU EXECUTIVE ORDER 1083 AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE