Position Summary: Responsible for the development, implementation and management of effective pesticide policy, legislative and political strategy in support of CLA objectives, including matters that impact all aspects of the crop protection industry. Manages government relations activities for CropLife America related to federal, state, and local governments. Position also responsible for engagement and management of critical external allied relationships and member company relationships managed through various association committees and issue management teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor, review and analyze all relevant Congressional initiatives originating from the US House of Representatives, the United States Senate, federal regulatory agencies and the States when requested, including the identification of emerging policy issues, to determine potential impacts on the crop protection industry and communicate threat to CLA Leadership and members.
- Manage the planning, development, and implementation of legislative and political advocacy strategies and communications support at federal, state and local levels.
- Determine need for, and direct the preparation of, effective advocacy materials including, background papers, issue briefs, talking points, amendments, correspondence, and testimony for use by CropLife representatives and allied organizations.
- Establish and maintain personal contact with members of Congress, congressional committee staff, and regulatory agency officials and similarly in state legislative and regulatory organizations.
- Represents the association’s interests before Federal, state, and local governments.
- Actively lead and/or participate on association committees and multi-disciplinary teams to develop strategic plans addressing current and emerging issues on behalf of the crop protection industry.
- Initiate, provide leadership for, and effectively work with, key stakeholders and allied organizations to address specific issues of importance to CropLife America.
- Direct and support CLA state contract lobbyists in geographic area of responsibility and work closely with the State Affairs Committee to manage industry priorities in State capitals.
- Manage development and implementation of grassroots activities in support of the objectives of CropLife America and its member companies.
- Present organization’s positions and legislative initiatives to interested parties.
- Support oversight of all aspects of the CropLife Political Action Committee (CLPAC).