NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Financial Analyst-Decision Support.
In this role, the successful candidate under the guidance of the Manager of Decision Support, will be responsible for the production of financial reports that assist in the monitoring of the hospital's financial performance. The candidate will also provide analytical support for the integration of a new hospital into our system. The ideal candidate will have experience with a decision support system and/or healthcare data. In particular, the ideal candidate would be experienced in cost accounting, data reconciliation, and data analysis and visualization. In addition, the candidate should be comfortable with handling large data sets, have strong communication skills, and a team oriented perspective. He/she will also be involved with the numerous ongoing projects relating to the identification of cost saving opportunities, physician resource utilization analysis, quality/cost analysis, and dashboard creation. The Financial Analyst will also be engaged in the various benchmarking activities and other projects as needed.
- Demonstrates initiative for taking on new tasks or responsibilities. Exhibits creative thinking by suggesting alternative and innovative solutions to problems encountered.
- Write and run accurate EPSi Reports. Understand the relationship between the various EPSi fields and the restrictions with combining fields.
- Understand results of reports and effectively communicate results with management.
- Identify opportunities for improving process flow / maintenance / data integrity. Act independently on resolving / improving.
- Clear communication of arising issues - clearly articulate questions / concerns to management.
- Creates organized and thoughtful financial packets and department specific reports.
- 1-3 years of experience and Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, and/or Master's Degree in business administration or healthcare administration, or CPA is required and knowledge of the Healthcare industry is ideal.
- He or she should be proficient in the Microsoft Office applications and should enjoy working with large data sets. A strong foundation in financial analysis and/or accounting is a must.
Experience working with a decision support/cost accounting system and/or Tableau Software.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.