STATUS: Full-Time, 12-month position
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources, Administrative Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Position will work closely with department directors in administering employment, compensation, benefits, and training programs.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide assistance to college employees for a wide variety of human resources issues related to payroll changes, benefits, training, employment, and employee handbooks.
- Assist employment recruitment process by processing job postings on websites, inputting application information into database, preparing evaluation rubrics, preparing interview questions, scheduling interviews, performing reference checks, submitting background checks as requested, preparing offer letters, and managing interview processes.
- Assist in payroll, 403b, and insurance audits.
- Process new hire I-9 documentation and maintaining records.
- Perform new employee orientations.
- Coordinate employee training programs by scheduling meetings, maintaining databases and typing documents.
- Coordinate and process workers’ compensation and other leave programs.
- Assist in the processing of HRIS salary and status changes, and serving as a backup for HR Coordinator.
- Process human resources related reports for department.
- Assist managers in the preparation of correspondences; photocopies, and faxing documents.
- Develop and maintain employee records.
- Assist in the updating and maintenance of employee handbooks.
- Actively works with staff in maintaining a positive employee relations climate.
- Process employment verifications, garnishments, and unemployment claims.
- Assists in the dissemination of HR communications to staff.
- Perform additional duties as required.