| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We Are: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center at MSK Westchester in West Harrison is seeking a Diagnostic Radiology Manager.
- Committed to high standards of productivity.
- Motivated to provide exceptional customer service.
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Manages the technical functions, activities and operations of assigned departments to provide high quality, efficient, and cost effective patient care and ensure compliance with departmental, MSKCC, and regulatory standards.
- Prioritizes overall activities of department and assigns/delegates work to meet departmental goals and requirements; anticipates impact of special/urgent requests and implements plans to modify activities to meet the immediate needs.
- Ensures and evaluates that overall staffing needs are appropriate at all times. This includes assuring that staff schedules, personnel time away and staff coverage are adequate while recommending changes as needed to staffing plans relating to workload, Patient volume and attending staff changes.
- Is on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Reviews work flow and policies and procedures to most effectively meet the goals and mission of the department; makes revisions to improve efficiency on both inter-and intradepartmental levels, identifies methods for avoiding duplication of efforts, streamlining procedures, enhancing cooperation, etc.
- Creates an environment that places emphasis on the importance of patient safety.
- Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Responds to employee questions and provides guidance on how to proceed.
- Monitors staff compliance with department and Center standards, policies, and procedures (e.g., patient confidentiality, waste management, infection control, fire safety).
- Monitors employee attendance and provides appropriate feedback according to the Center’s Attendance Policy (relating to punctuality and performance problems), rewards/takes appropriate disciplinary action as indicated.Conducts performance appraisal process per department and Center guidelines within established time frames; documents each employee’s performance based on up-to date performance standards and recommends an employee development plan to include realistic objectives for the coming year; conducts appraisal interview with each employee; recommends an employee promotions and/or transfers where appropriate.
- Counsels employees on individual growth opportunities; recommends employee transfers and/or promotions; encourages participation in professional development activities (e.g., seminars, readings).
- Recommends the termination of employees according to the Center’s Progressive Discipline process; terminates employees
- Graduate of a 2 yr AMA approved Radiology school.
- Licenses: New York State in Radiologic Technology.
- 7-10 Years Relevant Experience.
- Knowledge, Proficiency and Certification in 1 or more advanced modalities (MRI and/or PET preferred)
- Post-graduate or graduate degree in business or health care management.
- Registration: AART.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.