Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President
California College of the Arts
The Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President, Advancement works to ensure the smooth and successful operations of the Advancement department and the office of the Senior Vice President. This includes providing administrative support for major fundraising campaigns, daily operations, events, and other routine functions of the Advancement effort as determined by the Senior Vice President. This position supports not only the Senior Vice President, but also, as needed, select high level leaders working on fundraising campaigns and programs, as well as related college-wide planning and outreach projects. Ultimately, the goal of this position is to maximize the effectiveness of the Senior Vice President and other key fundraisers in their work to identify, solicit, and steward donors of the college.
SVP Office Operations (35%)
- Maintains smooth operations of the SVP's office. Provides systems, administrative, and record keeping support for all activities undertaken by the SVP. Plays a critical role in supporting SVP activity to cultivate and solicit donors to the college. Anticipates the needs of the SVP and offers solutions to challenges as they arise.
- Maintains SVP's calendar, sets meetings, and finds/books appropriate spaces for group meetings. Takes meeting notes when needed.
- When SVP is out of the office, answers her phone line and helps fulfill the request of the caller if possible.
- As needed greets guests/donors on campus, secures VIP parking, orders catering, makes reservations at restaurants.
- Manages business travel for SVP.
- Proofs letters and reports drafted by the SVP. Drafts bread and butter letters as requested by the SVP.
- Preps, prints, and mails all correspondence for SVP and maintain copies (hard or digital) of all correspondence and key moves management tasks.
- Maintains hard files for SVP.
- Interfaces with individual donors at all levels and represents the college in a variety of stewardship activity.
- Helps process check requests and purchase orders on behalf of the SVP.
- Manages SVP office budget.
- Provides back up to the gift processing staff on drafting gift acknowledgement letters.
- Manages and submits expenses for SVP.
Campaign Support (40%)
- Works closely with SVP to fulfill responsibilities for day-to-day administration of major campaigns and fundraising initiatives.
- Provides direct administrative support for campaign steering committee and related task forces, as well as for individual committee members. This support includes meeting prep and executive, fulfilling the administrative needs of trustees and other VIPs on campaign committees, and being the administrative interface with other CCA departments who work with Advancement on the campaign and campus planning.
- As directed by SVP, pulls together information for the creation of rough draft proposals and Powerpoint presentations using boilerplate supplied by the SVP, advancement staff writer, budgets from the business offices, and graphics from Marketing and Communications.
- Maintains moves management data for SVP donor portfolio using Raiser's Edge database.
- Develops and implements record keeping and internal communication systems for the campaign fundraising team. Coordinates production of (and helps produce) campaign presentations and background materials. Sets meetings and drafts correspondence. Tracks progress toward campaign financial and timeline goals.
- Organizes and monitors volunteer assignments and follow-up. As needed, supports the cultivation and solicitation work of campaign fundraisers, (both volunteers and staff).
- Serves as a primary contact within CCA for external campaign counsel. Provides them with materials and information as requested.
- Generates regularized campaign progress reports. These reports show income, expense, and program activity against goals.
General Administrative Support for Advancement including Acknowledgement Letters (25%)
- Drafts, requests edits, finalizes, and sends acknowledgement letters in a timely manner to be signed by the CCA President, Senior VP, Board Chair, and any other fundraisers responsible for acknowledging gifts and grants.
- Ensures digital and/or hard file copies of acknowledgement letters are maintained per CCA policy.
- Customizes letters as needed and refreshes boilerplate thank you copy at regular intervals.
- Tracks unacknowledged gifts and ensures that issues holding up a thank you communication are resolved efficiently.
- As assigned, provides administrative support to advancement services, frontline fundraisers, faculty, trustees and senior cabinet members working on fundraising projects.
- At least three-years of experience working as an executive assistant required.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and an ability to act in a mature and professional manner with a variety of constituents, including major donors and trustees.
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail in all duties. Highly skilled in planning, focusing attention in a busy work environment, remembering and carrying out complex instructions, and juggling multiple tasks successfully.
- Experience writing personalized business correspondence, with strong proofreading skills.
- High level of computer proficiency, with Microsoft Office and comprehensive database computing skills required; working knowledge of Raiser's Edge is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Maintain positive attitude at times of increased workload; successful track record of working cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team and in a support position.
- Exemplifies core CCA values (fostering excellence, collaboration, innovation, compassion, integrity, diversity and sustainability).
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume, as well as state salary history and requirements. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Recommended document file formats are Word or PDF. If there are multiple attachments, we recommend compressing/zipping your files into a zip format file. There is also a place in the application for you to provide a link to large documents. Please submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions.
For staff positions, screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
As an educational and cultural institution, California College of the Arts has a responsibility to provide access and opportunities for all people, with special attention to supporting groups historically underrepresented in higher education.
We believe that a culturally diverse campus is integral to academic excellence, and our student, faculty, staff, and trustee bodies should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability.
California College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://cca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CCA/job/Oakland/Executive-Assistant-to-the-Senior-Vice-President_R502140
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency