Private Duty Program Coordinator
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Bringing Vanderbilt Care into Your Home Since 1985
Vanderbilt Home Care provides caregivers in the patient's own environment under the direction of the patient's physician. When you or your loved one receives care from Vanderbilt Home Care, you are in the hands of highly skilled, compassionate individuals. We take pride in our work and feel privileged to be part of one of the country's most respected medical centers.
Our Mission and Values:
Our mission is to provide excellence in home care with the high standards that we would expect for our own family and loved ones. Our values include:
- Support for community based home services through excellence in clinical practice and education
- Patient safety and quality
- Strong interdisciplinary collaboration, communication and partnership
- Evidenced based practice and clinical expertise
- Technology enhanced innovation
The Private Duty Administrative Team is a small task oriented team which consists of a Clinical Service Lead, RN Team Lead & Scheduler. They work closely together with the Private Duty Manager to provide quality, compassionate care to the private duty patient population.
This Program Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Actively collaborating with external and internal health care teams to meet patient care needs/outcomes and agency/system improvement objectives
- Assists in the facilitation of the referral process for the Private Duty Division, including assuring that referral sources have access to information and assistance when referring a patient to private duty services
- Works closely with Program Manager, CSL, RN CM & Scheduler to coordinate scheduling to ensure timely, regulatory-approved visits
- Organizes and oversees detailed referral customer base reports
- Assists Program Manager in the training and development of new and current PD staff
- Bachelor's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent
- For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
- One year of Home Care experience
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience.
- Minimum of one year of clinical office experience.
- Strongly desire graduate of an accredited nursing program (not specifying RN or LPN).
- Microsoft Office Skills
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US