GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Manager-Financial Controls will address two separate needs within the finance department of FSU and the Foundation, as follows: an increased emphasis regarding the fiscal oversight of FSU operations and activities, and additional financial support in the area of the FSU Foundation's financial status and activities, its accounting requirements and the maintenance of its financial records and financial database. The proration of activities will be approximately 80% monitoring and assessing the integrity of FSU's financial controls and no more than 20% Foundation accounting. This is a management-level position; the APA official classification is Staff Associate, Financial Services.
This position will provide support to the Assistant Vice President of Finance and Business Services and perform additional duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Document and/or review the documentation of all department internal control procedures / documents; Organize and coordinate the definition/communication and monitoring of FSU's financial controls; Update flowcharts of system processes; Define risk-based review objectives and procedures; Identify and promote best practices and suggestions for efficiencies;
- Perform testing and / or review testing of internal controls; Conduct on-site internal reviews of departmental operations to ensure compliance with fiscal requirements; Identify, document and communicate control deficiencies; Assist in the process of correcting deficiencies noted; Identify internal control weaknesses and implement necessary corrective actions; Follow up and perform testing on any externally identified control deficiencies and / or audit findings; Report findings and recommendations of financial control assessment;
- Update, revise, and prepare internal controls documentation to reflect current programs, procedures, and policies; maintaining and updating policies in accordance with the Quality Control Bureau at the State Comptroller's office and the Internal Control Law, Chapter 647 of the Act of 1989; attend Quality Control Bureau trainings on Waste, Fraud and Abuse;
Candidates must apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
For full consideration, application materials must be received by May 15, 2017.
Framingham State University only accepts application materials through our online application system. We are unable to accept application materials through mail, email, fax, or hand delivery. If you experience technical issues with the online application process, please submit a helpdesk ticket.
Framingham State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-626-4530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years recent public or internal auditing experience or in a position responsible for evaluating internal control systems.
- Minimum of 7 or more years of significant accounting and / or financial reporting experience.
- Experience in data analytics and operational audit tools and methodologies on risk, self-assessment, efficiency, and process improvement.