Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 800 lawyers located in 52 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a Law Firm of the Year six consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms.” In 2017, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Labor Law - Management category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
Ogletree Deakins has the opportunity for a KM Client Solutions Project Analyst to join the firm’s expanding Knowledge Management Department in our Atlanta, GA office.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Summary of Position:
The primary role of the KM Client Solutions Project Analyst consists of supporting all activities related to Knowledge Management Client Solutions (KMCS) capital and operational projects. The KMCS Project Analyst works closely with the KM Project Manager, software developers, project stakeholders (internal and external), other firm personnel, and vendors to complete all project-related activities and to help ensure project success. The KMCS Project Analyst also assists with KMCS operational activities as needed.
The KM Client Solutions Project Analyst will promote the KM department’s mission to improve the practice of law and business of the firm by: connecting our people with each other and our clients; connecting our people with information and our collective knowledge; and developing innovative processes, procedures, and systems to make those connections and promote knowledge sharing.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and analyze business needs, and prepare business case documentation for proposed projects
- Work with stakeholders to gather, define, document, and manage both detailed and summary requirements, including data migration and business rules; obtain sign-off; and recommend solutions that deliver value
- Facilitate/participate in design sessions, and create wireframes and other deliverables to expedite the development of custom software applications/components and to ensure alignment between defined requirements and development approach
- Work closely with the KM Project Manager to create and maintain project-related documentation, and assist with related project management activities such as project planning, budgeting, and monitoring
- Lead use-case development, testing, and training efforts
- Research and identify potential vendors based on project requirements, and help coordinate and manage activities of selected vendors
- Research and identify potential technologies/tools to fulfill project requirements
- Prepare and send project-related communications and reports
- Track, analyze, and report on product usage, performance, and other metrics
- Assist with other KMCS operational activities as needed, and perform other duties as assigned
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert regarding projects and related products