The New York Power Authority is the largest state owned utility in the nation. The entire authority, including the Internal Audit department is currently going through a very dynamic and fast-paced growth. There are several addition Internal Audit positions also open on our website: Listing of all New York Power Authority Internal Audit Positions
- Lead high quality, professional day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements and projects within established timelines and budgets working with the IT Team Lead.
- Evaluating key risks and internal controls, develop and/or review audit programs/risk & control matrices (including adapting an audit program to suit the client’s specific environment and designing controls evaluation and testing work plans to address risks within assigned areas of the audit), benchmark financial and operational processes and controls, and identify opportunities for efficiencies/performance improvement based on leading practice; work with Internal Audit Director/ Manager to communicate findings/recommendations to senior management and client personnel.
- Assist in annual risk assessment activities, as appropriate, including leading interviews and/or survey processes.
- Lead audit entrance and exit conferences and lead as appropriate for work assigned.
- Perform/review testing procedures including, but not limited to, detailed tests of controls including sampling/confidence levels, analytical procedures, Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAATs), and other audit procedures to address risks identified and to test internal controls; responsible for directing work conducted by Auditors on the team.
- Create high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language, documenting audit work performed and results by preparing/reviewing work papers. Identify / document audit issues clearly articulating issue/root cause, risk/exposure, and recommendations for improvement; direct work conducted by Auditors on the team.
- Lead the drafting of complex internal audit reports and other audit deliverables, directing the work conducted by Auditors on the team.
- Document processes and sub-processes in the form of walkthroughs (in a format that allows them to be re-performed), narratives, and flow charts for audit areas in scope, with the assistance of Auditors, as applicable.
- Lead interactions with clients to validate the information/communication flow from the client to the audit team is efficient and effective; collaborate directly with clients and identify client concerns through building solid relationships; and work with client in an organized and knowledgeable manner/actively lead client discussions and meetings.
- Organize and maintain client documentation in a manner consistent with safekeeping practices.
- Use available technical resources and tools to research and expand one's sphere of knowledge to enhance audit value; remain up-to-date on industry trends and NYPA-related strategic intent while sharing the knowledge amongst the team where applicable.
- Lead team in prioritizing and completing tasks; communicate potential conflicts to managers and teams.
- Lead “integrated” Internal Control Audits as necessary including evaluating IT general controls with the assistance of IT Audit team members, as appropriate.
- Lead, coach, and mentor auditors, interns, and new hires; provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members.
- Develop and execute complex data analysis routines and visualize the results of analytics, interpret the results of data analytics and train
Senior Auditor-Technology - Additional Responsibilities
- Work primarily auditing IT systems and practices, including audits of internet/intranet infrastructure, networks, security, and IT general controls.
- Analyze standards, processes, and procedures of IT activities to assess IT controls and compliance with generally accepted IS standards.
- Assist Team Lead – Technology Audit and/or Internal Audit Director/ Manager in development of CAATs, including selection and maintenance of audit software to ensure maximum efficiency and utilization by entire audit staff team members in data analysis techniques and tools.