Lead Research Analyst: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Nursing, Health Science, or in a field of study related to the research. Three (3) years of related experience in a research environment including two (2) years in the relevant research specialization. A Master's degree in a related field is preferred and experience in trauma/critical care preferred.
Senior Clinical Research Analyst: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Nursing, and Health Science or in a field of study research to the research. Two (2) years of related experience in a research environment required. A Master's degree in a related field is preferred and experience in trauma/critical care preferred.
*A unique combination of education and experience may be considered: Bachelor's degree in an unrelated field with at least 18 credits in a field related to the research of the clinic or laboratory, as appropriate, or Bachelor's degree in unrelated field with at least one year of experience in a field directly related to the research of the clinic or laboratory, as appropriate. Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Based on level hired, the candidate will be expected to have some or all of the following, skills and abilities:
- Possesses a knowledge of position requirements and able to perform position in compliance with all requirements/regulations/laws.
- Ability to understand and utilize scientific/medical terminology and research theory.
- Knowledge of design of research studies and preparation of technical procedures and reports. Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends and influences. Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Maintains productivity and uses knowledge strategies to increase knowledge base.
- Ability to provide theoretical, conceptual and writing support on research analysis and findings. Knowledge of the using measurable and verifiable information for making decisions or judgments.
- Skill in statistical programming, interpretation and data analysis using statistical software as well as spreadsheet and database software applications. Skill in using measurable and verifiable information for making decisions and judgements. Develops policies, procedures, and introduces changes as necessary. Ability to mentor and guide other personnel.
- Experience with the IRB submissions and research project maintenance is preferred.
- Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Maintains productivity and uses strategies to increase knowledge base. Ability to maintain confidentiality of subjects and information obtained.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Can write and present research analysis and findings in a clear and concise way. Interprets and understands written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Capable of interacting pleasantly and positively with others to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers. Ability to coordinate a diverse research team and achieve robust results is preferred.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
- Able to identify and resolve issues and risks respective to the development and implementation of the code aligning with the designs assigned using pre-established instruction and guidelines, escalating as necessary. Ability to continuously seek quality service and process improvements in order to support a mission and strategic vision.
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.