| This position provides advanced IT service support with an initial focus on voice, data, and audiovisual services regarding incident management, service request and fulfillment, provisioning, event scheduling, and billing to the Cornell global community through the IT Service Desk.|
This position may work closely with unit or local technical support providers / telecom coordinators, and may require providing or gathering information for unit or local technical support needs. Solid customer service skills, advanced analytical/diagnostic abilities and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential to success in this position. IT Service support is provided to end users and other technical support providers via phone, chat, email, service management systems, and/or in person.
Exercising initiative, creativity, accuracy and judgment, design, develop, and implement technology-enabled solutions to meet the on-going CIT functional needs of the university. Provide support for the management, utilization, and integrity of university data.
Associate's degree with a minimum of 3 - 4 years' experience in Information Technology end user support, IT Service Desk OR direct customer technical support experience in another industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid knowledge of Cornell's IT Service Desk operation, Level 1, and Level 2 support processes and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge in voice and data technologies / services, audiovisual technologies / scheduling / services, enterprise IT services / applications, provisioning and billing mythologies.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, best practices, and procedures for end user technical support, service request fulfillment, provisioning, charge back/billing, and desktop support.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; excellent phone etiquette.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally verbally and in writing to audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail and ability to document issues and problems thoroughly.
- Self-motivated ability to develop in depth understanding of a broad range of enterprise IT services, applications and technologies.
- Must demonstrate strong relationship building skills, well-developed problem-solving abilities, analytical, reasoning and judgment skills.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis of complex technical issues across a broad range of technologies and applications.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical field a plus.
- Skilled in both Windows and Mac operating system platforms.
- Advanced (Level 2 or higher) technical support experience.
- Experience with Remedy trouble ticketing system and Pinnacle a plus.
- Knowledge of Voice and Data delivery methods, chargeback processes, and provisioning services.
- Experience with Call Management systems and event scheduling a plus.
- Experience with MS Office suite of products.
When applying through our system, please remember to attach your application materials (Resume/Cover Letter/CV) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the 'Drop Files Here' box to manually drag document(s) into your application. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please click here as an external candidate or click here if you are an internal candidate. Please note: Cornell Employees must apply through the Internal Cornell Career site.
No Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
No relocation assistance is available for this position
University Job Title:IT Support Asst IV
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Cyndi Morris
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-04-20-07:00