| The Division of Policy Translation and Leadership Development is seeking a highly organized and detailed oriented individual to assume responsibility for the Account Payable transactions including vendor setup, payments, invoices, journal entries, credit memos, corporate card reconciliations, reimbursements and all operation requests for the Unit.|
Reporting to the Associate Director of Administration & Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Manage the Accounts Payable for the Division and the Harvard Opinion Research Program, utilizing Harvard's financial tools (HCOM, Web Voucher, Concur).
- Understand, communicate and apply both Harvard and Sponsors' financial policies where applicable. Communicate any issues with the Finance Managers as soon as they arise.
- Become a subject matter expert on financial, procurement, travel and expense reimbursements (including payments to foreign nationals), and payment policies and procedures, which requires communicating regularly and effectively with faculty, staff, students, visitors, and vendors.
- Run financial reports and monitor expenditures according to defined project and/or event budgets. Assist with monitoring fund balances, actively participate in year-end financial close, and maintain financial files.
- Provide accurate information about the GLACIER process and setup for the Ministerial Programs Foreign participants.
- Process all accounts payable, research and resolve any accounts payable issues including possible duplicate invoices, discrepancies between approved purchase orders and invoices received, missing documentation, open invoices including Escheat items and the HCOM Committed funds reports.
- Create journal entries with pertinent backup documentation.
- Track the project related expenses for the Harvard Ministerial Program -- maintaining a database for all events and events' contracts, and work closely with the ADF on the reconciliation of such events. (The Ministerial Program runs up to five events per year costing approximately 2.5M per year.)
- Track and analyze data regarding open invoices in Harvard's financial systems. This role will work directly with Harvard's vendors and Division and HORP financial staff, as well as Program Managers and Directors to address issues preventing payment of invoices and reimbursements.
- Review and maintain the Divisions Accounts Payable email account
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversees the daily operations of the unit and its various components, ensuring compliance with university and federal policies and regulations.
- Manage the telecom process including any issues and telephone setup for new employees.
- Work closely with the ADF on Space Management and assigning space.
- Manage the yearly equipment inventory.
- Manage the Studio equipment requests together with the Finance Manager of the Studio and the ADF.
- Order all operational supplies for the Unit.
- Manage all IT requests (including ordering new computers, removal of computers, and new account setup).
- Complete office setup for new employees.
- Book conference rooms for Voices in Leadership and the Forum.
- Liaison to other offices for related operational requests (parking requests, moving requests, archiving, carpentry, painting requests, visitor passes, and other)
- Manage the external transportation request for Voices in Leadership and the Forum
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 054
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers