The Sr. Academic Program Coordinator oversees the operations of the department's academic courses. Works collaboratively with all levels of the academic community including students, faculty, staff and leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Graduate Student Admissions: Data Mgmt.
- Organizes the 110 - 125 applications for the graduate program. This includes managing applications and providing statistics and data to Graduate Program Director
- Manages the acceptance process, collecting required documents and making sure proper visa information is provided
- Provides the Admission Committee with up to date applications and assist with correspondence with applicants
- Maintains an accurate, confidential and efficient record keeping system, whether paper and/or electronic
Graduate Student Admissions: Communications
- Responds to email questions and requests from applicants regarding acceptance/declines, etc.
- Sends packets to new students with housing, health and other information
- Advises applicants on required documentation
- Works with Grad Program Director to schedule and run orientation for incoming grad students
- Communicates effectively with faculty, staff and students
Grad. Student Admissions: Concluding Process
- Files admissions paperwork and visa forms with the Graduate Admissions Office and the International Office
- Contacts all potential students concerning the outcome of their application
- Develops acceptance and decline letters with the Graduate Chair
- Archives files and maintains all applications for 5 year.
- Updates the ApplyYourself database used to generate university-wide reports
- Ensures and maintains confidentiality of all sensitive information
- Files are up-to-date and accessible as needed
Grad. Student Admissions: Marketing/Recruiting
- Responds to email questions and requests from applicants regarding program and university details
- Coordinates the Open House for grad students accepted to the program
- Reserves hotel rooms
- Coordinates full day event with faculty & current grads
- Plans campus tour
- Coordinates lunches
- Oversees reimbursements for costs incurred
- Provides excellent customer service
- Accommodations, reservations and meals are accurately arranged and completed within required deadlines
Graduate Program Duties
- Maintains current and previous graduate student files
- Enters Distributed Grad Aid yearly into ISIS for current and incoming students
- Maintains database that includes personal, financial and academic information.
- Advises students on requirements for program and graduation
- Purchases food and supplies for seminars and special events
- Works with other office staff to plan the fall picnic, spring award ceremony and Christmas party
- Maintains Graduate Handbook
- Collects grad student section teaching preferences
- Coordinates qualifying exams, updates website, registers grads for the tests, archives test results and includes grades in student academic files
- Processes Visiting Student applications and works with students through the registration process Information entered/provided is accurate and completed within established deadlines
Future Scholars Program
- Updates list of schools from a list of street addresses to a database of street addresses and emails
- Maintains Baltimore City and County school database with the most up-to-date information.
- Markets the program to all of these schools and their PTAs
- Communicates with teachers and guidance counselors in the schools to give them proctoring information, program information, and exam results
- Revises posters and emails to include the current online courses offered
- Maintains database of past and current students, as well as course and grade information
- Assists with registering incoming students, provides information about courses, professors, TAs, parking, etc.
- Writes reference letters, provides records for admissions offices, and coordinates distribution of faculty reference letters for FSP students
- Coordinates with Director of Undergrad Studies to hold an orientation for accepted Future Scholars for students and parents
- Follows up with current FSP students to see how they are doing in the program
- Creates/updates database records with minimal errors
Course Related Duties
- Maintains grade distribution database
- Provides data for scheduling TAs to the Chair and DUS
- Updates schedule online
- Maintains database on faculty teaching info
- Maintains enrollment database
- Provides TAs with section rosters
- Updates advisor lists for faculty
- Data entry, analysis and report generation are accurate and completed within established deadlines
Undergraduate Program Duties
- Assists Undergrad Program Director with Undergraduate Admissions Open Houses throughout the academic year
- Maintains Undergraduate TA applications
- Recruits and assists with undergraduate TA selection for courses
- Provides basic advising for all undergraduate math students related to course selection, major and minor information, the add/drop policy, etc.
- Helps to determine when students should be directed to a faculty member or advising office
- Maintains good working relationships with Academic Advising and the Registrar's Office
- Meetings and special events are organized in a timely fashion
Web Related Duties
- Maintains all academic program websites and assists with web course archives each semester
- Updates all policy changes for academic programs, handbooks, exam schedules, placement exam resetting
- Serves on department Web Committee
- Stays current in web training by taking appropriate courses through JHU
Online Course Duties
- Maintains web page to present needed information regarding course.
- Maintains forms for students and their proctors
- Works with Summer Programs to list course, follow enrollment and maximize reaching potential participants.
- Works with graduate students that will create modules and teach course.
- Markets to Baltimore City and County high schools in conjunction with the Future Scholars Program
- Processes course evaluations and shares with instructors
- Renews and maintains proctor information for all courses
- Pays careful attention to details
- Communications are effective and timely
- Helps maintain inventory of kitchen supplies
- Researches various topics for faculty members relating to surveys and Hopkins generated inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
- Performs all duties in a professional and timely manner