With a broad range of high-caliber undergraduate programs, Bridgewater offers outstanding educational opportunities and tremendous flexibility for all of its students-day, evening, residents and commuters-full time or part time. As part of a state-supported university, we maintain a firm commitment to providing greater access to higher education in the region.
As a member of the Admissions staff, The Admission Counselor will assist in meeting the new student enrollment goals of the university by representing the University at both on and off campus recruitment programs and by making admission decisions on undergraduate applicants, both domestic and international.
- Develop and execute the strategy and logistics to represent the university at various recruitment events, both on and off campus and disseminate appropriate information in a timely fashion about the university to prospective students, current applicants, their family members and other interested parties. Includes frequent evening and weekend work.
- Demonstrate in daily work activities the incorporation of new information/learnings and processes into the recruiting conversations with potential students. Remains current with BSU's programs, new industry-wide trends and developments.
- Provide excellent client services and relations (internally and externally). As the first contact for prospective students and their families with the University, it is imperative to offer excellent service and professionalism when dealing with these constituents as they navigate the admission process.
- Maintain admission files, track applications, maintain up-to-date information in the university Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, communicate regularly with students during the application process, advising on outstanding or deficient items and timelines to submit.
- Participate in the review and decision making of student admission applications in a timely manner, maintaining admission files in an appropriate manner, and recording and processing verification for admitted students.
- Maintain the integrity of the student database (admissions to permanent records) in order to ensure complete and accurate records.
- Generate reports for the Dean of Admissions regarding recruiting tasks and programs in a timely fashion as well as other reports when requested.
- Assist the Dean of Admissions to formulate and meet enrollment and territory goals.
-Consistently create a positive enrollment experience for students. Demonstrate enthusiasm and advocacy for BSU in all interactions.
- Work under the direction of the Dean of Admissions to implement the university's admission recruitment social media campaign and related communication plans designed to promote the university and best engage with prospective students.
- Assist in the preparation and/or updating of admission materials, college publications, web sites and related data as they relate to Social Media.
-Work as the admission liaison with our International student recruitment partners and Boston Public Charter School partners to assure a seamless admission process for these constituencies.
- Performs other duties as required.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. 1-3 years related work experience
3. Detail oriented, have a proven ability to organize, prioritize, and complete detailed work under deadlines.
4. Possess premier inter-personal and communication skills, both oral and written, strong critical thinking skills, a high degree of professionalism, efficiency, and an ability to work effectively with large, diverse groups of people.
4. Possess and display excellent judgment and be able to maintain confidentiality in dealing with the personal information of others.
5. Valid drivers license.
1. Knowledge of BSU programs and culture.
2. Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Salary Range: $45,000-$48,000.
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.