The Office of Financial Aid assists students and their families in accessing the funds needed to afford a BSU education. We administer federal, state and institutional financial aid programs and maintain compliance with regulatory guidelines.
Our services include assisting students through the application process and providing timely award notifications so students can make informed decisions about the affordability of a BSU education on a yearly basis. Our office provides a service-oriented, confidential environment where students and their families can seek the advice of an experienced staff who provide assistance in obtaining the best financial aid opportunities available.
The Assistant Director shall assist the Director and Associate Director in the planning, organization and administration of the student financial aid programs of the University. The Assistant Director shall work under the direct supervision of the Director.
The Assistant Director may supervise professional, non-professional and student personnel assigned to the Financial Aid Office.
1. Assist the Director and Associate Director in the planning, organization and administration of all financial aid activities at the University including financial counseling and activities related to the packaging of grants, loans, scholarships and entitlements.
2. Reviews and evaluates financial aid applications, determines eligibility based on accepted need analysis criteria and makes financial aid award offers to student applicants.
3. Advises students and parents on financial aid application procedures and available funding.
4. Manage and oversee all institutional scholarships for the University. This includes but is not limited to: identifying, determining and monitoring student eligibility.
5. Act as liaison between the Office of Financial Aid, Alumni Relations, Development and Academic departments.
6. Assist in the gathering of scholarship data and statistical reporting to federal, state, institutional and other entities.
7. Communicates with various administrative offices of the University, including participation on scholarship committees.
8. Makes various presentations to groups of students, prospective students, parents and others with respect to financial aid programs and procedures.
9. Assist with loan programs.
10. Performs duties related to areas of professional competence, as such duties may be assigned from time to time by the Director and/or Associate Director.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. A minimum of three years of financial aid experience suitable to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
3.. Knowledge of student counseling and student personnel administration at the college level.
4. Knowledge of higher education principles, practices and procedures.
5. Ability to work effectively with community groups and organizations.
6. Ability to work effectively with professional, non-professional, and student personnel.
7. Ability to express self in written and oral communications.
8. Experience with the preparation of statistical reports and analysis of data pertinent to family financial profiles.
9. Experience with and knowledge of the structure, practices and procedures of college student financial aid programs.
10. Experience with financial aid application procedures and computerized need analysis systems.
1. Experience with AcademicWorks scholarship database..
2. Experience with Banner Computer Software System.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.