The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Program Associate, Alumni Relations.
The Program Associate for Alumni On-Campus Programs and Reunions is responsible for providing full support for Reunion, Alumni Fall Weekend, Affinity events and all of the Teamâ??s one-time event programming, working cooperatively with the Director of Alumni On-Campus Programs and Reunions. Responsibilities of this position include providing key support and management for Reunion and Alumni Fall Weekend program infrastructure, including the delivery of communications, financial processing, online resources, event services, and student employment coordination. The Program Associate holds responsibility for these same roles associated with special one-time events assigned to the Team. This person also manages relationships with internal departments, outside vendors, and seasonal staff and event consultants.
- Bachelorâ??s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 4-6 years relevant work experience, in alumni relations, higher education or comparable environment, as well as event planning
- An ability to be calm, focused and productive during extremely busy periods of time
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team (a must for success in this position); display initiative and creativity
- Be able to independently set short and long-term priorities, organize workload, and manage competing demands
- Familiarity with the Brown community strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Proofreading skills desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills, particularly an ability to deal diplomatically with a variety of often demanding University constituencies.
- Superb time management and organizational skills.
- Proven computer expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel. Expertise with FileMaker, database software, desktop publishing and ADOBE highly desirable. Basic HTML knowledge a plus.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-19-07:00
Job Posting Title:Program Associate, Alumni Relations
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.