NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Associate Director, IT Business Liaison, Perlmutter Cancer Center.
This position is responsible for shaping and managing the demand for digital solutions to fulfill the administrative and reporting needs of the Perlmutter Cancer Center (PCC) at NYU Langone. Activities include identifying key stakeholders and collaborating with partners across the institution to create a comprehensive and robust user experience on the PCC's public website, clinical trials systems, administrative systems, and future needs to be identified, that satisfies center data needs critical for its National Cancer Institute (NCI) designation. This position will work directly with MCIT leadership and staff as required to meet all information technology needs required by PCC stakeholders. This is a hands-on position that requires a high level of technical and facilitative skills to engage key stakeholders, and serves as the PCC liaison to technical, digital and business operations at NYU Langone.
- Work closely with PCC senior leadership to understand the business requirements, strategic objectives and budget issues surrounding the information technology systems on which the PCC depends.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, and review and sign-off on development, evaluation and implementation of information technology systems on behalf of the PCC.
- Represent the PCC to MCIT and institutional partners on matters regarding information technology systems.
- Oversee the maintenance, development and delivery of PCC digital solutions in partnership with MCIT and other institutional partners.
- Engage and liaise with appropriate stakeholders from all constituencies within the Perlmutter Cancer Center and across the institution to understand, shape and fulfill manage the PCCs IT requirements.
- Ensure effective and efficient communications between the PCC, MCIT and, where relevant, other institutional partners.
- Collaborate with technical implementation teams throughout the full software development lifecycle, and make recommendations to MCIT for improvements and/or upgrades as necessary.
- Demonstrate excellent project management and forecasting experience.
- Ensure the communication of MCIT information systems documentation, policies and procedures to the PCC stakeholders.
- Work with MCIT to develop and communicate product roadmaps.
- Manage stakeholder expectations with grace, and work collaboratively with MCIT to find suitable solutions when specific feature requests conflict with overall product vision.
- Manage the high-level feature backlog and define high-level feature acceptance criteria.
- Help product teams to define objective measures (key performance indicators, or KPIs) of product success and baseline before system implementation, assign targets and ensure that KPIs are assessed regularly and reported upon to all stakeholders.
- Develop the business case for features that will be implemented in their domain, including related KPIs.
- Must have a BA, BS in computer science, electrical engineering or a related discipline, and 5+ years in software business analysis or a similar discipline; at least two years should be in a management role.
- Experience in applying technology in a business setting.
- Ability to organize and manage large amounts of detailed information.
- Customer and service focus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, several of the following core platform features and business processes: Document Control/Management, Records Retention, Business Process Re-engineering and Automation, Social Networking and working with people to get things done, Business Intelligence and Analysis of Corporate Data, Information Taxonomy Development and Maintenance.
- Familiarity with the requirements and operations of an NCI-designated Cancer Center is highly desirable.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.