NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a PD-Nurse.
In this role, the successful candidate Carries out patient care responsibilities to the fullest extent of their scope of practice with emphasis on decision-making related to the steps in the nursing process to include assessment, diagnosis, identification of expected outcomes, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides competent, safe, ethical and compassionate care based on established NYUHC Patient Care and Nursing Standards. As a member of the transdisciplinary healthcare team, formulates the initial plan of care with the provider (physician or nurse practitioner) and collaborates with them to implement a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care to achieve expected outcomes; utilizes principles of assignment and delegation consistent with the NY State Nurse Practice Act
- Identifies factors and participates in programs to promote satisfaction of staff, patient, families and other disciplines.
- Modifies care based on new and revised nursing patient care standards.
- Demonstrates awareness of NDNQI/Q &PI data and implications for improving patient outcomes.
- Engages in self- assessment and participates in activities to promote own professional growth and development.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competence to fulfill responsibilities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.Maintains confidentiality of patient information (see signed attached Statement of Confidentiality).
- 'Demonstrates awareness of the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the NYU Langone Medical Center, Departments of Nursing, clinical department and strategic area. Delivers cost effective patient care. Reports unexpected events and outcomes to senior staff/leadership in a timely manner Delivers patient care in accordance with professional nursing standards Provides care in compliance with all regulatory requirements. Communicates effectively with patients families, visitors and all members of the interdisciplinary team.Delegates activities effectively and appropriately to the ancillary staff and other personnel.'
- 'Educates the patient/family regarding health status and established plan of care. Determines learning needs of the patient/family. Implements an educational plan. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to modify expected outcomes. Documents learning outcomes of patient/family and revises education plan.'
- 'Evaluates the patient's progress towards expected outcomes. Involves the patient/family and interdisciplinary team in the evaluation process. Documents and evaluates the effectiveness of the intervention(s).'
- 'Implements interventions in the plan of care.Intervenes in a manner that is consistent with established plan of care. Implements interventions in a safe, timely and appropriate manner. Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups and cultural groups in all patient care activities. Documents interventions per hospital standard. Identifies need for escalation based on changes in patient condition.'
- 'Develops plan of care to attain expected outcomes.Anticipates patient needs based upon patients diagnosis/condition Develops a nursing plan of care based on agreed upon outcomes with patient/family. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team. Identifies outcomes that are realistic and measurable.'
- 'Collects, assesses and documents patient healthcare data. Involves patient/family and interdisciplinary team as appropriate. Prioritizes data collection. Documents assessment in medical records.'
To qualify you must have a Licensure: Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York:Education: Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required.Basic Life Support Certification by hospital approved provider; additional certification specific to clinical practice area.Membership in pertinent professional organizations preferred;Fluent written and spoken English language skills;Physical stamina, manual, dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities.
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.