Spring Arbor University
Graduate Counseling Faculty (2 positions). Full-time, Exempt, 12 month position. Position One: Teach in Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids. Position Two: Teach in Lansing, Flint, and Main Campus.
- A doctoral degree from a CACREP accredited Counselor Education program is preferred.
- The individual must have a current LPC or school counseling license and practical experience in clinical or school counseling.
- Experience with teaching at the college level, online, and curriculum development is preferred.
- It is foremost that the individual show evidence of a life and service committed to the teachings of Jesus Christ which is in full accord with the Spring Arbor University Concept and community covenant.
- In order to perform this job effectively, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The individual must be able to demonstrate competence in teaching counseling at a graduate level and clinical or school counseling specific clinical practice and program competencies.
- A successful teaching record and clinical or school counseling practice experience is imperative.
- Graduate Counseling Faculty must maintain an active LPC in Michigan. School counseling license or endorsement would be an additional advantage, current membership in nationally recognized counseling associations such as the American Counseling Association, Association of Counselor Education and Supervision, and other means of demonstrating a strong counselor identity are also valued.
- The individual must possess good interpersonal skills, communication (verbal and written) skills, online computer skills, and the ability to work with diverse faculty, stakeholders, and students.
- It is imperative that attention to detail is demonstrated.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Because of the importance of diversity in the field of counseling, we are strongly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty. Thus, we are especially interested in receiving applications from members of historically underrepresented groups of all God's peoples, and all who will assist us with achieving and maintaining our mission of a diverse and inclusive academic community.
- Experience working in multicultural academic environments preferred and individuals from diverse populations are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full Time
Spring Arbor University is committed to the policy of equal employment as an appropriate standard of Christian servanthood, and in accordance with federal and state regulations. It is the intent of this policy to provide a work place free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, or physical handicap, in a manner consistent with applicable federal and state law and the Christian perspective and mission of the University.